Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Is there a wiki template list?
Is there a wiki template list?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Is there a wiki template list?

I seem to be full of questions tonight!

I've changed where I "store" pages in process. I decided to go ahead and create the "final" page and just add a note at the top that it was in the process of being translated. This way I don't have to move stuff later. I won't actually create links to it (except on my user page) until it is finished.

I would have preferred to put the note about "translation is in process" in one of those nifty boxes, which I presume are templates. But I realized that i didn't know the name of the template.

Is there a list somewhere of all those templates? (Hopefully I'm not missing something obvious!)
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Most of them are in Help:Editing, towards the bottom (there's also a link to the wiki's list of all of the templates).

There are some of the box templates that only take another template, not text, which is kind-of annoying, but I suppose that the "In translation" message could have its own template if need be (and just copy the code for an existing template)....

Sorry this is a bit disjointed...it's been a long day and I'm tired Wink

Smokey

Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject:

OK, Lorinda needs to learn to scroll down to the bottom of the page! I looked on the Help:Editing page, but I didn't look far enough. (You're not the only one who was tired last night!)

Sorry to ask something I should have been able to find myself.
RoyFocker
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject:

I put the "plantillas" that I use on my user-page (oh, my memory...) and work with tabs in Firefox (now I'm seeing Camino...)

Sometimes when I am writing or translating the NeoWiki, and I have to see how some words were translated into the program... is very difficult. Well, I have to CONFESS that when that occurs, I use my old WordPerfect 3.5 for mac os 9... Embarassed because not all of the windows in NeoOffice are independent Crying or Very sad
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject:

I use a productivity application called "Butler" for a variety of tasks. One of the things it can do is hold custom pasteboards (aka clipboards). So I created a custom pasteboard for each of the button/preferences/etc. templates. Over time I'll add all the other templates I'm likely to use. They are all stashed in one folder (Butler calls them containers); Butler lets me set a key-command for the folder, which opens up as a little menu showing me all the pasteboards within it; I just have to arrow down to the one I want and hit return.

There are a variety of productivity apps (Launchbar and Quicksilver are the other popular ones) that might let you do the same thing, and I know there are some clipboard apps that track custom clipboard items. (iClip is one, I believe).
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject:

Because I'm more comfortable in Neo than on the wiki to translate or write a new page, I use the "Autotexts" in Neo. I created a set of autotexts, saved them in "My autotexts". Now I've just to press c+F3 and I get [[Category:NeoWikiFR]], I press b+F3 and I get {{button| }}, m+F3 gives me {{menu| }}, etc. I find that very handy. Neo helps you to help Neo Very Happy

Jacqueline
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:21 am    Post subject:

jgd wrote:
Neo helps you to help Neo Very Happy

Smile

There are also a couple of ODT to MediaWiki xslt filters out there; I've not tried them, but perhaps we could try them and "formally recommend" (say, on the Help:Editing page) one for folks more comfortable in Neo than in wacky wiki syntax?

Smokey

The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject:

There's one that I've been using and modifying for a different wiki that I found in IZ. I've actually been toying with adding it in as an Export format directly from Writer...

Any feedback on them appreciated Smile

ed
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject:

I used the red box template to put up a "being translated" warning on top of this page:

http://neowiki.sixthcrusade.com/index.php/Creating_a_Table_of_Contents

Does it make sense to make that a new template? Can anyone create a template, or is that limited to a chosen few? (If I'm the only one doing "into English" translation work, I can also just stash the code for it in Butler and paste it in as needed.)
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Anyone can add a template, and I've been thinking about making the translation one a template for a bit, too. We should try to remember to add new templates to the Help:Editing list with an explanation, so everyone can keep track of templates and reuse them when possible.

(In fact, I was thinking I could use the "In translation" template on one page, so I went ahead and made it--sorry, Lorinda, your first template will have to be another one Sad --and then realized it didn't fit on the page I wanted to use it for :p)

Smokey

The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject:

While off topic on templates, I've been using the utility in this OOo issue for odt to wiki conversions but with a slightly modified XSLT transform. Would trying to integrate this be an interesting feature for folks? It seems like it's another issue that's totally not on OOo radar (it doesn't even have an assigned target milestone).

ed
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Ed,

+1 I have been following this thread with great ... interest. Shocked
I think having an Neo -> Wiki translation would be a GREAT idea. I have been playing with page ideas for the Wiki but just have not taken the time to learn the proper methods.
IF this would allow someone like me to prototype something in Writer (i.e. Word format) and then export to Wiki format it would provide the extra push to do the work. AND I think it would be VERY valuable to many others too! Cool

If you have time, I would be very interested in having Wiki format output!

Philip ( Wikki - don't lose that ... number! Wink )
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject:

The XSLT referred to in that issue does do basic text transformation including mapping heading 1-3 (but it's easy to extend to 5) styles in writer documents to the appropriate mediawiki headings (the ==== formatting). Lists are limited to one level deep in the XSLTs posted in those issues. Image export is not supported. The XSLTs rely on a custom style for adding in links in the square bracket format. I don't know about tables myself.

Anyway, if it's interesting it's something I can pursue. It doesn't help with generating templates, per se, but it does allow for authoring of textual wiki content within Writer.

ed
RoyFocker
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject:

Excuse me for me ignorance, Ed, but how can I save a text on XSLT format from Neo? I want to proove the converter...
Thanks!
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Offhand I don't know...I've been executing the scripts from the terminal myself when doing my conversions. New XSLTs can be created using the Tools > XML Filter Settings dialog, but I haven't ever tried adding a new one with that tool myself yet.

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2