NeoOffice :: View topic - New: NeoOffice User Guide
New: NeoOffice User Guide

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rays
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject:

View>Toolbars>Drawing puts the toolbar you want across the bottom of the document window. The Ellips, circle etc tools are in it.

Trust this is what you were looking for.

aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject:

rays wrote:
View>Toolbars>Drawing puts the toolbar you want across the bottom of the document window. The Ellips, circle etc tools are in it.

Trust this is what you were looking for.

Ah now that's my problem, Ray. That circle toolbar is not in my drawing toolbar. I expect to see a circle or ellipse shape with a small triangle to indicate a floating or extended toolbar, but it's not there. It should be in OpenOffice.org - but I've just double-checked in both Windows and Linux and it doesn't seem to do anything there either. [And they have changed to "Circles and Ovals" from "Ellipses" too.]

This is what, according to the OpenOffice.org 2.0 manual, we should be able to see when we click on the "ellipse"/"Cricles and Ovals" icon:

"Image Hosted by ImageShack.us"

And this is where we are led to believe it's in there somewhere

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Peter Sad
rays
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject:

Ah! I see your problem. (I think.)

Seems that the inclusion of the rectangle and ellipse icons near the left hand end of the toolbar are there as sort of shortcuts to these tools. Further along towards the right, I find Basic Shapes icon has the drop-down menu which features the shapes you are looking for. Result of upgrades since the original manual was prepared, I guess?

jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject:

It's the same in OOo.X11 2.1. There is no extended ellipses toolbar. You can just add more buttons with "Circle Segment", "Ellipse Pie", "Polygon", etc by clicking on the triangle on the right end of the Drawing toolbar and adding the icons you want. The manual has probably not been updated since OOo1.x Wink

Jacqueline
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: not updated

OK- that seems plausible. Thanks Ray and Jacqueline. They probably are working through updating the 1.x stuff and haven't noticed yet that that toolbar has dropped off. However it still seems odd that the toolbar for Circles and Ovals is in there somewhere [see my second screenshot], if we could only get it to load up. In fact, between 1.x and 2.0, someone changed the name to Circles and Ovals from Ellipses, so there must have been some intent to use it still?
Not Sleepless in Seattle - Puzzled in Adelaide Smile
rays
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject:

I get your drift but there are many more 'toolbar' choices in the drop down menu in the Customize window than appear in the View>Toolbars listing. In other words, "Cirles and Ovals" is not alone...
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Progress

I am ploughing along, with help from jgd and others [thx Smile]. I have just placed on the website a file called 030307_User_guide_pdf.zip

I am not publicising on the website what this file is, but basically it's a pdf roughie of about 80% of the final product. I was just mucking around to see if the OpenOffice.org indexing would work [it does].

There are big changes that are needed yet e.g. I have put some stuff from NeoWiki into the OpenOffice.org originals, so there is some doubling up of material. And I am still working on chapter 7, although it's included in this draft. There are 7 chapters to go, but most are quite small. This is really the bulk of what would be in a final version.

I wouldn't imagine many will d/l it yet, because those who want it will want something more finished than this. But I know that a small number will perhaps like to see what it might look like.

It's big [16MB pdf.zip file now, prob'y over 20MB in final version], but that is largely because of all the pics, and I found that where there were no pics I myself struggled to understand the original. I must admit I have learnt more about NeoOffice doing this than I had learnt so far in using it Smile

My complements to whoever did the enormous task on the Help Pages: I have found them invaluable!

Peter
valterb
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Peter, you are doing a sensational work!!! It reminds me how good mates australian are from my aussie days (actually I left Australia , where I were to do my PhD, almost 15 years ago...)
I just wanna ask you this two things:
1. do you think to leave the footnote with OpenOffice.org or will you substitue it with NeoOffice?
2. do you know if Novell has released a sort of User Guide t to match their adding to OOo (and so to NeoOffice)?

Valter
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject:

GREAT work Peter.

I like having screen captures so I can "see" what the user is suppose to see.
You are doing Outstanding work and it's much appreciated. Laughing Very Happy

I notice that the Table of Contents seems to be ... flat?
Most of the items list are at the root level, not listed in Chapters like the original OOo Users Guide. Is this just a Draft thang?

Philip ( always learns more when editing Drafts! Wink )
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject:

valterb wrote:
Peter, you are doing a sensational work!!! It reminds me how good mates australian are from my aussie days (actually I left Australia , where I were to do my PhD, almost 15 years ago...)
I just wanna ask you this two things:
1. do you think to leave the footnote with OpenOffice.org or will you substitue it with NeoOffice?
2. do you know if Novell has released a sort of User Guide t to match their adding to OOo (and so to NeoOffice)?

Valter

Thanks Valter. My father-in-law was Italian, and my nephew is about to marry a young woman from Sicily [Taormina]. The connections run deep.

1. I think I wll need to need to credit the copyright holder in as many ways as I can: This may include the footer
2. No, I do not know. That would be interesting.
Ciao
Peter
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject:

LemonAid wrote:

I notice that the Table of Contents seems to be ... flat?
Most of the items list are at the root level, not listed in Chapters like the original OOo Users Guide. Is this just a Draft thang?

Philip ( always learns more when editing Drafts! Wink )

Thanks Philip. The encouragement is appreciated Smile Thx to Jacqueline too: my maths was awful in the spreadsheet section, and she cleaned up lots. Yes, that was the first thing I noticed about the index: that the chapter headings didn't get picked up automatically. Will be remedied as I work through things. You may also notice some inconsistencies in heading styles: some are Albany 11.8 pt [level 4,5], some Arial 12 pt. I'll sort that out along the way. I am learning all the time.
P
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Peter,

Good on you mate! (Which I hope that means "You are doing a GREAT job, Thanks! Shocked )

Philip ( Watching & Reading with a great deal of ... anticipation! Wink )
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject:

LemonAid wrote:
Peter,

Good on you mate!

Typically, run together as goodonyermate, with no movement of the top lip Smile

An update: getting closer, so I placed a new pdf here.

What you are looking for is 140307_User_guide_pdf. This is an 18mb download, not for dialup accounts! I gained a few MBs by zipping it. It has: a table of contents that works - with chapter headings this time; headers that change from chapter to chapter; part of an index, courtesy of OpenOffice.org authors; all chapters...but chapters 8 and 12 are untouched and chapter 13 is only half-done. Advice on those would be welcome Smile.

I am currently proofing the whole from beginning to end. It is a rare page that only has a couple of edits on it Sad Still, I am glad to have got it to this point, because I will have much less time to put into it over the next fortnight.

I have connected with G Roderick Singleton, the author of the original script, and let him know what we are doing with his material. I hope to have quite a few edits that I can feed back to him.

seeyaslayder
Peter
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject:

GoodonyerMate Wink

Philip ( Still working on the Stiff Upper Lip! Shocked )
Dragonfly14
Sentinel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject:

LemonAid wrote:
GoodonyerMate Wink

Philip ( Still working on the Stiff Upper Lip! Shocked )

Stiff upper lips are reserved for that other English speaking country just slightly West of Europe !

Goodonyermate is generally said without moving ones lips at all! Historically that's because either ones lips are so numbed by drinking shockingly cold tinnies or it's to prevent the flies entering the mouth when it's open. (But then history could of course be wrong - gasp!)

Seriously, as this is not in the "rant" fora, goodonyermate to all involved in the "users guide". I'm glad to see it broken down into manageable downloads. At my download speed of 3 tricycles a week, I would be well into my next lifetime before I got past the intro.

ooroo..
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7