Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Open / Neo Office for Mac OS 10.1 (in Dutch)
Open / Neo Office for Mac OS 10.1 (in Dutch)

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uzine
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Open / Neo Office for Mac OS 10.1 (in Dutch)

Hello, a friend of mine has only now upgraded from Mac OS 9.2 to OS X with her system cd's (in Dutch). Unfortunately, or even foolishly, she was so late in doing so that it now turns out she was only able to update to Mac OS 10.1. Which makes it difficult for her today, to find a version of Open Office, Firefox or Thunderbird that will run on 10.1, nowadays. What solutions may exist please ? If solutions exist in Dutch, do tell as well ! Many thanks !
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject:

As far as I know, you would need versions over three or four years old to run then on 1.1. I arrived on the Mac three years ago or something, just after Panther arrived, and even back then 1.1 was faux.

Good luck! I suggest you find some suitable Jaguar CDs and upgrade to that. There must be versions floating around that will run on 10.2

djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject:

I would advise not running 10.1 or 10.2 at all. In my opinion OS X was beta software until 10.3.
val1984
Oracle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject:

djpimley wrote:
I would advise not running 10.1 or 10.2 at all. In my opinion OS X was beta software until 10.3.

I do not agree that 10.2 was beta but now, it is so outdated that 10.3 is a no brainer. And 10.3 is much more optimized than 10.2 Smile
And NeoOffice for Mac OS X 10.2 is no more available because its installer had a big bug that could delete files...

/I love Exposé Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject:

djpimley wrote:

I dunno. Jaguar has and continues to run very well for me along w/ Neo/J 1.1. (AH, my HD will be wiped!) The really one big scam, can't run QT 7 on 10.2 so I'm forced to use WMP and RP or not see the QT 7 (H264) content at all. Horrible loyalty but good business decision by Mr. J although rather billyesque of him IMO...
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject:

10.2 was the first version that was usable IMHO, but 10.3 was much snappier, even on the same hardware.

The biggest issue with continuing to run 10.2 these days is that it is no longer supported. 10.2 contains many of the same system services and open source applications that have been receiving security patches for 10.4 and 10.3. People laugh at the security of Windows, but it is something to be concerned with on any operating system.

ed
Uzine
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Thank you y'all !

Thanks for the replies !
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Guest, I think VLC 0.8.4a (see end of page), which runs under Jaguar, can play h.264 videos.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:
Guest, I think VLC 0.8.4a (see end of page), which runs under Jaguar, can play h.264 videos.

Why thank you kind sir, Wise Sam.

The most recent VLC I have on my Dome is dated Feb 17, 2003 so I'll give this later version a try! I thought one needed QT 7, must have been Mr. J's RDF...
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1