· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - neowiki.neooffice.org coming soon
neowiki.neooffice.org coming soon

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject:

There are no links to wiki.neooffice.org that I know of. I just typed this address because I couldn't remember what the new alias for the Wiki was (wiki.neooffice.org or neowiki.neooffice.org).

While Ed's website has lots of nice pictures, I think someone who enters wiki.neooffice.org instead of neowiki.neooffice.org is probably looking for the wiki. But if it can't be done ...
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:
While Ed's website has lots of nice pictures, I think someone who enters wiki.neooffice.org instead of neowiki.neooffice.org is probably looking for the wiki. But if it can't be done ...
Ditto that. Confused

wiki.neooffice.org is much easier to remember and provide to other people.

Philip ( I'll take what I can have, if I can't have what I want Wink )
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject:

I like neowiki.* much better because it's much easier to get to from autocomplete...you won't believe the number of sites which call their wiki "wiki.sitename.tld" Wink

But wiki.neooffice.org pointing to dashboardbuddha.com is odd...

Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
But wiki.neooffice.org pointing to dashboardbuddha.com is odd...

No its not if you understand the basics of webserver virtual hosting. Most webservers connected to the internet have multiple host names mapped to a single server IP address. In our case, both www.dashboardbuddha.com, www.neooffice.org, and a few others are mapped to 206.72.79.240.

So, when you ask for a non-existent server name in the neooffice.org domain, it gets sent to the webserver on IP address 206.72.79.240 with a request for a non-existent host name. The webserver looks in its config files and finds no wiki.neooffice.org so you get the default domain for the webserver.

If a wiki.neooffice.org link doesn't work, you need to correct it.

Patrick
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
So, when you ask for a non-existent server name in the neooffice.org domain, it gets sent to the webserver on IP address 206.72.79.240 with a request for a non-existent host name. The webserver looks in its config files and finds no wiki.neooffice.org so you get the default domain for the webserver.

Ah, in my experience, a non-existant sub-domain sent you to a "Server Not Found" error message, not the master domain.

Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:57 am    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
Ah, in my experience, a non-existant sub-domain sent you to a "Server Not Found" error message, not the master domain.

..and that's what you should get very soon. I deleted Network Solutions' default entry to redirect *.neooffice.org to www's IP address.

Patrick
RoyFocker
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject:

Now I can access again Very Happy and I translated the "autotext" article to spanish... Now I will use autotext to the {{buttons}} that Smokey create! (as Jacqueline suggested me!)

and can see the images!!!! (our ship!) Wink
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject:

Those Autotexts are fabulous. It's a sort of infinite clipboard. (OK only "almost infinite" Smile )
Be sure to save them if you have to delete ~/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-2.x.

A question to Patrick: the built-in Autotexts are "read only". Sometimes, it's handy to change the shortcut of a built-in autotext. Of course, it's always possible to change the "read only" in "write and read" in the Terminal or even in the Finder. But is it possible to have them "write and read" by default ?

Jacqueline
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2