Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice Development Plans and Support Levels for 2007
NeoOffice Development Plans and Support Levels for 2007

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
I think I'm really the only person not cc'ing myself to such bugs; most everyone else is doing 2.

Actually, even and Ed and I have a tendency to forget to add ourselves to the cc: list. If this is done with forethought like you do, then that's OK by me. But I'm so sure that is the case with everybody.

Patrick
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
I think I'm really the only person not cc'ing myself to such bugs; most everyone else is doing 2.

Smokey

No, you are not the only one. You can add me to the list Wink
So, I prefer Option 4.

Jacqueline
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject:

I have tried to remember to add myself, but I'm sure I've forgotten numerous times. I think option 4 might work best. If I forget to add myself to the cc list, I'm likely to forget to assign the bug to me, too!
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:
Personally I'm trying option 2. I'm not against options 3 and 4 though; but I don't like option 1.
Ditto this set.

TO add that that: How DO I remove myself from CC:? Embarassed
I got on bug 2202 but want off now that many others are looking at this problem. So many emails! ack!

Philip ( What Bugs?!? Wink )
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject:

LemonAid wrote:
I got on bug 2202 but want off now that many others are looking at this problem. So many emails! ack!

Just click on your name in the cc: list so that it is highlighted and press the "Update Bug" button.

Patrick
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Oh,

I knew that once, but I have been trying to do something ... fancy recently. Embarassed THANKS

Philip ( Needs new Glasses, Update User Manual, and a good Drink? ) Shocked
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject:

FYI. In case you haven't seen this, I'm seeing a new trend by our new Bugzilla users: some are immediately setting their bug to "Reproducible but not assigned". I assume that they think this will get faster attention. However, in reality I suspect that it will get a slower response since "unconfirmed" is where we (well, at least I) look for new bugs.

Anyway, if you stumble upon such bugs and you don't have the time or desire to evaluate the bug, feel free to reset the status to "unconfirmed" and admonish the user like I have done in bug 2246.

Patrick
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the info.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
FYI. In case you haven't seen this, I'm seeing a new trend by our new Bugzilla users: some are immediately setting their bug to "Reproducible but not assigned". I assume that they think this will get faster attention. However, in reality I suspect that it will get a slower response since "unconfirmed" is where we (well, at least I) look for new bugs.

After noticing that every single new bug was being set to "Reproducible but not assigned", I began searching for problems with Bugzilla as it seemed a bit unlikely that every single new bug filer would do the same extra step.

I found that Bugzilla was "promoting" the bugs upon submission so I fixed this problem by configuring Bugzilla to have "unconfirmed" as the status to set when promoting bugs.

Patrick
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Smile
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Confused

Wink
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject:

Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject:

jakeOSX wrote:
i would not support a paid version of the forum.

i don't want to sound confrontational, intention is often hard to show on the internet. however, if users had to pay to get support, that support will come without my help.

one of the reasons that neo is such an improvement over openoffice.org has nothing to do with the program. it is purely this community. we support neooffice users. (some of us support openoffice.org users too, but that is just because someone has to)

i've been thinking about this, as the money part comes up every six months or so. i did think about putting google ads on the wiki. but as i know nothing of the adsense payout, i didn't know if their intrusion would be worth it or not.

the problem with most of the ideas i think of is that they are nickle and diming the users. three bucks for this! or ten for that! i'm not so sure that they are the best approaches, especially in terms of things that the user would buy.

some ideas, nevertheless.

a 'network installer'. basically an admin tool to put neo on a large number of machines all preconfigured. this could be a charge per use, or per seat, or however. yes it adds something more to maintain, but it is a time saving device worth using for some organizations.

bug bounty. no idea how to set this up, but basically someone puts a dollar amount on a bugzilla bug. when it is solved, the money goes to neo. the problem with that is, what if smokey solves it? anyway, most of those types of 'bug's or even features will be grander than say "i crahsez when i downlozsd it on your intrawebs!"

external features. here is the grand one, the neooffice/star office comparison. make the 'enterprise' version of neooffice. have certain features only availible through purchase. what features? i dunno, i can survive with old stuff, so that would be up to someone to research. but with this you can charge for a liscence.

sell naked pictures of ed on ebay. yes, i know we all have some already, but new ones could bring in a hefty amount.

write a book. no i am serious. write a book on neooffice/openoffice. ed, you can write one on the who start of the effort, why neo was made, etc. patrick, perhaps a guidebook to either oo.o coding, or an overview of working with a large opensource program. you got a lot of knowledge up there, putting it on paper would benifit us all. so you write these books, we can use Lulu, or even just PDF it and sell it.

hell, if the community was up for it, a user guide for neo would be great. you could pull most of it from the wiki i suppose. we could sell it for $10 and people would buy it. (oh yes! they would!) have $0.50 go to ed and patrick, the rest come to me and smokey.

bake sales, neo-cookies and topless car washes are also recommended.

again i think my point was ninjas are better than pirates.

DITTO. There is this dark side to Capitalism unfortunately, well maybe life overall, that always seems to creep into and poison the altruistic intentions of people and projects. Reading threads like this confirms this. Also not to sound confrontational, but people realize what the product is and they always have a choice whether to support it any way than can, whether it be $ or time or contributions to forums discussions.

The faithful here remain so because they are committed to the project, because they are passionate about what they are doing. If you need money, advertise, a critical component of the C system.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: New BZ Resolution

Well, as is inevitable, after our 2.1 release BugZilla has become a place where various folk are placing feature requests (those dreaded "RFE"s like from marketing depts.!). I added a new resolution for these RFEs: "Feature request-Not a bug".

BugZilla is a place for reporting bugs with existing software, not how we all "want it to work".

Expect that feature requests placed in BZ will be closed with this resolution. Your opinion is still noted regardless; anyone can query the system for the new resolution to find all of the outstanding RFEs.

There are not enough development resources to handle RFEs at this time.

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject:

:sigh: The main bugzilla page does tell people to read this page first, right? Confused

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7