· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Errors related to images/thumbnails
Errors related to images/thumbnails

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Errors related to images/thumbnails

I uploaded a new version of the life-cycle of a bug image today, and after upload, it seems to have triggered an error in the wiki:

Code:
Warning: shell_exec() has been disabled for security reasons in [path snipped]GlobalFunctions.php on line 1615

Now certain images are not generating thumbnails (where the wiki auto-generates thumbnails) and articles with images are also spouting this error Sad

I tried reverting back to an earlier version of the file, but the errors didn't go away Sad

Smokey

Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject:

could you post a link? i cant reproduce it
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject:

nevermind, i found it
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Well, I see you've already deleted the new image, but all images uploaded since Jan 19 trigger this problem now (whereas they didn't before I uploaded the new Life-cycle image): New images Sad

Smokey

Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject:

ok, so i deleted the image. didn't help the gallery page. are there any other pages that it comes up on though?
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject:

=) cross post.

i did email the host just to make sure i didn't trigger something, since that is a PHP error, not a wiki error.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Any pages which have one of those "new" images (since 19 Jan) where the image is scaled on the page (e.g., the wiki creates a thumbnail).

See, for instance, Test, where I just added the Red Balloon as a scaled thumb (the page gives the PHP error, and an error message where the red balloon would ordinarily appear).

Smokey

Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject:

i'll check out the database this weekend. i'll also scour google and see if there is any more information. (i did find quite a bit of other wiki's with the same issue)

and i'll check for wiki updates. hopefully we can fix this.

=\
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject:

i wonder if this has anything to do with the URL change...

the uploads are still done through "sixthcrusade" while everything else is processed through "neooffice.org"

the files get uploaded, we can see that, but maybe the database doesn't like the difference...
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject:

jakeOSX wrote:
i wonder if this has anything to do with the URL change...

the uploads are still done through "sixthcrusade" while everything else is processed through "neooffice.org"

the files get uploaded, we can see that, but maybe the database doesn't like the difference...

That occurred to me as well--more specifically some sort of cross-site scripting protection, preventing neowiki.neooffice.org from calling certain code on sixthcrusade.com ?

Smokey

Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject:

just smoke and mirrors.

i turned off the imagemagic for now. means we can't make thumbnails, but the error went away.

more update later.

oh, i did check, and the URL didn't affect it.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject:

Have you been able to investigate further? It'll be quite annoying, though not the end of the world, if we can't have it auto-generate thumbnails for large images (like the screenshots page)....

Smokey

Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Jake, have you had a chance to look into this more (either upgrading the wiki, or the image-resizing thing)?

(Using your database with NeoOffice looks really ugly w/o image resizing or a manual thumbnail... Wink)

Edit: Looks like we can't go any higher than the last 1.6.x, which is 1.6.10, what we have. So nevermind on the upgrade part....

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1