Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - bar-something in formula.
bar-something in formula.

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rooster
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: bar-something in formula.

Hi all,

The last couple of days I've been writing a paper in NeoJ and I stumbled on a bug that I'm not sure where it is, it could be in formula, it could be a font issue, or it could be a general rendering thingy. I'm running NeoJ 0.8.1 on OSX 10.3.2 with a standard Symbol font installed so I can write files that the rest of the world can see (I got it from an Adobe directory). I can't seem to figure out what's wrong, so here's the bug:

In formula, click on the "a" with right-facing arrow above it, then click on the "a" with a minus sign above it (read "bar a", in mineralogy this is used to denote a crystal face that intersects on the negative end of a crystallographic axis, as I'm sure you all were breathlessly wondering). When this is displayed on the screen, the bar is its own character, and the "a" is its own character. They ought to be displayed both as one character; do the same in OOo 1.1.1 for X11 where it displays properly (at least for me).

Cheers!

P.S. I'm pasting this as a bug in bugzilla now...
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1