NeoOffice :: View topic - extendedPdf
extendedPdf

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomsteg
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: extendedPdf

Hallo

Running Neooffice 2.1 Early Access Patch 2 there is an Error using the module extendedPDF: when I want to save a file the first time after starting neooffice, I get an error message "error on loading BASIC with the file ...extendedPDF". After clicking "ok" several times, to get rid of the error messages, the writer is saved.

I tried to delete the folder of extendedPDF, but after trying the same from above, the folder is there again and the error occurs again.

How can I get rid of the extendedPDF package?
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject:

Go to the Tools > Extension Manager menu
In the Extension Manager window, click the triangle near My Extensions, select Extended PDF and click Remove.
If a problem remains, perhaps you'll have to quit and restart Neo.

Hope this helps

Jacqueline
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject:

IIRC, if you're a new Neo 2.x user, I think at least a little of the extendedPDF support is within OOo itself; the PDF TOC in the "bookmarks" drawer is automatically created from headings, and I believe hyperlinks are also added within the same PDF document and external links as well.

ed
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject:

Right, Ed. Extended PDF seems useless now.

Jacqueline
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject:

jgd wrote:
Right, Ed. Extended PDF seems useless now.

FYI. I also noted in my testing that many packages that worked through OOo 2.0 no longer install with OOo X11 2.1 or Neo 2.1. I don't know if OOo changed some specification for packages in OOo 2.1 or if it is just a bug.

Patrick
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject:

I know that since OOo 2.1 the file format for the packages (now extensions) is .oxt and no more .zip. But I don't know if it can explain the "bug".

Jacqueline
tomsteg
Red Pill

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject:

jgd wrote:
Go to the Tools > Extension Manager menu
In the Extension Manager window, click the triangle near My Extensions, select Extended PDF and click Remove.

First of all: Thank you for your answers.
But: In the Extension Manager Extended PDF is not listed, because while launching neooffice, I got the error message, that there is a problem and the extension is not loaded. Where can I find the extensions manually and delete them?
Fredrik Stendahl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:35 am    Post subject:

Just out of curiosity, what function of "extendedPDF" do you need that is not in the PDF export built in and available under Archive? I have succesfully exported tagged pdf:s with security options enabled and they have worked flawlessly.

Cheers
Fredrik
tomsteg
Red Pill

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject:

I don't need extendedPDF anymore. That is the reason, why I want to disable it.

I installed it for earlier versions and the main reason was the keyword locking. The updates didn't overwrite it.
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject:

tomsteg wrote:

But: In the Extension Manager Extended PDF is not listed, because while launching neooffice, I got the error message, that there is a problem and the extension is not loaded. Where can I find the extensions manually and delete them?

Maybe it remains some macros in your "My macros" folder.
You can go to
Tools > Macros > Organize Macros > NeoOffice Basic… Then click on the little triangle near My Macros and look for a Library called Extended PDF (or something like that). If you find it, click the Organizer button, then the Libraries tab, select "Extended PDF" and click Delete and Close.
Perhaps, you need to restart Neo.

If you don't see any Extended PDF in that folder, try to delete your Preferences: ~/Library/PreferencesNeoOffice-2.1.
Be sure to save your personal autotexts, galery etc. (if any) because they'll be lost Sad

Jacqueline
tomsteg
Red Pill

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject:

&
Quote:
Maybe it remains some macros in your "My macros" folder.
You can go to
Tools > Macros > Organize Macros > NeoOffice Basic… Then click on the little triangle near My Macros and look for a Library called Extended PDF (or something like that). If you find it, click the Organizer button, then the Libraries tab, select "Extended PDF; and click Delete and Close.
Perhaps, you need to restart Neo.

Thank you very much. This one worked. I always looked for the plug ins, but the error was at the macros. By the way I deleted the packages in the Library tab there.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1