· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Display problems on CVS from 7-June-2003
Display problems on CVS from 7-June-2003

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice/C Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thomas Schlesinger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:16 am    Post subject: Display problems on CVS from 7-June-2003

Hello,

there are heavy display problems on todays CVS-version of NeoOffice.

The Icon bars have black background now.

When you type something in the text-processor, it wasn't displayed. The rulers are in "mirror-fonts", the "Graphic Styles"-window is empty.

When you type something in the spreadsheet-component and then you type something in another cell, the content written before was erased from screen.

Thomas
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:08 am    Post subject:

Yes, these display problems are known Smile On the Head branch right now, Dan's just committed the entire replacement of the QuickDraw based code with the CoreGraphics/Cocoa drawing code. We're working on cleaning it up right now, but in its intermediate state you'll get the strange black background on toolbars, redraw issues, and text may be flipped upside down from time to time (CoreGraphics has an inverse y axis as compared to QuickDraw).

Thanks for reporting where you've seen these drawing errors so I can check to make sure we nail them!

If you're looking for something a bit more stable, you can update to the version before we got rid of QuickDraw with
Code:

cd vcl
cvs update -rPreQDExorcism

That's our CVS tag for the version before we started our latest round of graphics hacking (well, Dan, I'm just getting ready to join in the fun now that I've got all those X11 installers out!). I'll be sure to note here when any of these issues are solved on head. They only affect the "vcl" module, so you won't need to do a full update or checkout to revert back to QD or move back to CG when we get things fixed up.

ed
Terry Teague

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 1:20 am    Post subject: Re:Flipped text

OPENSTEP wrote:
Yes, these display problems are known Smile
...text may be flipped upside down from time to time (CoreGraphics has an inverse y axis as compared to QuickDraw).

I played a bit with Neo IG, and saw the text flipping problem when moving the styles window.

Regards, Terry
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice/C Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1