· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Toolbar preferences
Toolbar preferences

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doctormemory
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Toolbar preferences

Hi, very excited about being able to use a ported OpenOffice without having to load X11 first!

Quick question though (this always bothered me in OpenOffice as well): is there any way you can set in your prefs which toolbars open with the document? For instance, in Impress, I don't generally make presentations, I only open them up to take notes on them. Therefore, I don't need any of the toolbars (formatting, shapes, slide styles, etc), and I want the presentation to be displayed in the Notes style. Or in Writer, seeing as I'm sentient enough to use key commands, I don't need the Standard toolbar- it just takes up space with shortcuts to features I don't need 99% of the time. It'd be dandy if I could go under a menu in the preferences and tell NeoOffice that I don't want any of those toolbars there when I open op a presentation or document or what have you.

And if this feature isn't available in NeoOffice, I'd recommend it as being a good future addition. Were my own coding skills up to the task, it'd be done now, but alas, I'm not as adept with code as are the great people who have made this possible.

Thanks,

Doc.
doctormemory
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject:

Sorry, I just RTFM and found what I was looking for. Admins, please delete/lock this thread at your convenience.

Cheers.
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Welcome to NeoOffice doctormemory,

I glad that you found what you needed in "The Fine Manual".
There are so many options and choices that it takes a while to find all the information.
    Could you post WHERE you found the answer to your question, and what you did?
    So the next person can find it even faster!
You might have noticed that I'm often posting about the Reference Resources and Documentation available. Rolling Eyes
It's so much that it's ... just AMAZING. BUT, it's scattered in so many places that the answers are not always easy to find.
Everyone is working on gathering the information and making it easier to find (Documentation project, Wiki articles, and such).

Asking questions is fine, doing some research when something is confusing is even better.
We hope that we can provide some guidance to the vast resources.

Hope we will see more of you - as you explore the wide world of NeoOffice.

Philip ( I can research/read much better than I can ... write! Wink )

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1