Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - MS Office for Mac 2008 previewed...
MS Office for Mac 2008 previewed...

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: MS Office for Mac 2008 previewed...

FWIW...

linky
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Excellent; go for it!!

MS Office is a great product and I highly recommend it; it is the best productivity suite for the Mac hands down.

ed
valterb
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
Excellent; go for it!!

MS Office is a great product and I highly recommend it; it is the best productivity suite for the Mac hands down.

ed

I saw tha date of your comment and I think you would better wait for one day before posting it...

Valter

(please correct my sentence because I want to use it correctly in the future Wink )
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Haha Wink

No seriously, Office is good stuff.

The interesting thing will be to see whether the OOo engineers continue to bugfix or start chasing the task of cloning the "latest and greatest" Office 2007 interface. It'll be a long time before OOo can support Office 2007 document formats, much less replicate the interface.

Yup, OOo is a "me-too" product; for innovation in office suite UIs I think the only remaining bastion is iWork.

ed
fabriziovenerandi
Keymaker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject:

iworks... when apple will add something to store and calc datas...

I think could be nice to have somethink mellel+devonthink+flexisheet to have a real alternative office stuff... but actually devonthink have poor database tools, flexisheet is dead (and quantrix is too expansive) and mellel is not a 'dtp' program like pages or write+draw. and oblivious they are not integrated each another.

as you said openoffice is a 'me too' program and I think this is its power and his limit.

f.

The Merovingian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: iWork

fabriziovenerandi wrote:
iworks... when apple will add something to store and calc datas...

I think could be nice to have somethink mellel+devonthink+flexisheet to have a real alternative office stuff... but actually devonthink have poor database tools, flexisheet is dead (and quantrix is too expansive) and mellel is not a 'dtp' program like pages or write+draw. and oblivious they are not integrated each another.f.

I use Swift Publisher quite a bit as a DTP program. Commercial, but they are a small group in Belarus [I think], and they respond to individual requests almost as well as Patrick and Ed do. So they are innovative, and I find their program easier to use than Pages.
Peter
Valter: in response to your request, "I saw the [not tha] date of your comment and I think you would [have done] better [to] wait for one day before posting it.." [we still got the joke, though, and it was a good one! Smile
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Wasn't a joke Wink I respect Mac Office, always have. Haven't used Pages or Swift Publisher, but I have played with mellel and thought it was well done.

ed
valterb
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: iWork

aussie149 wrote:
Valter: in response to your request, "I saw the [not tha] date of your comment and I think you would [have done] better [to] wait for one day before posting it.."

Thanks a lot for your help.

Valter

P.S. "tha" was just a typing error Embarassed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Random Whatnot All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1