Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Recent cursor position keystroke?
Recent cursor position keystroke?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fmoore
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Recent cursor position keystroke?

I'm finally forsaking The Dark Side, divorcing myself from Word 5.1a (1992), and moving completely to NeoOffice. 15 years is enough for any app! Thanks to all who have made NeoO and OOo what they are today. Without you, I'd never be able to buy an Intel Mac. Wink

Of course, there's a feature which Word 5.1a had (don't know if it's in current versions) which doesn't seem to exist in NeoO/OOo; but I thought I'd confirm it here first before I post a request over at OOo.

The feature: Word 5.1a keeps track of the last 3 cursor positions (the current one and the 2 previous) so that you can quickly, say, make a correction to something you notice in the text and then immediately get back to where you were, by pressing a single key, to continue entering text .

The questions:
1. Does any such feature exist in NeoO/OOo or is there some extension which I can add to do it? I've researched this but have come up empty.

2. Has this just been added to OOo 2.2 so it'll be coming soon to a NeoOffice near you? Don't want to look stupid asking for something which is on the way.

3. Does this feature exist in current versions of Word so that if I post a request they might know what I'm talking about?

Thanks for your help and keep up the GREAT work with NeoOffice!

--Fred
mickeyinlalaland
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
1. Does any such feature exist in NeoO/OOo or is there some extension which I can add to do it? I've researched this but have come up empty.

OOo equivalent is "need to use the reminders in Navigator"
I don't use this feature so I can't go into specifics just yet.

Quote:
2. Has this just been added to OOo 2.2 so it'll be coming soon to a NeoOffice near you? Don't want to look stupid asking for something which is on the way.

Note this version of NeoOffice 2.1 is based on OOo 2.1 (X11)

Quote:
3. Does this feature exist in current versions of Word so that if I post a request they might know what I'm talking about?

M$ Word 2004 for Mac still keeps track of the last 3 typed or edited text; Shift F5 is supposed to return the cursor to a previous editing position. However, on my PB PPC G4 the use of the F5 key is overridden for volume control.

Googled: "jump to previous edit point in OOo"
fmoore
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject:

mickeyinlalaland wrote:
Quote:

OOo equivalent is "need to use the reminders in Navigator"
I don't use this feature so I can't go into specifics just yet.

Thanks for this. As I understand it, this is not dynamic i.e. constantly updating. I guess I'll place a feature request.

mickeyinlalaland wrote:
Quote:

Note this version of NeoOffice 2.1 is based on OOo 2.1 (X11)

Right, what I was getting at was whether, by some stroke of fate, this feature has already been added to OOo 2.2 so we would soon have it when NeoO 2.2 is release. However, the recent cursor position feature doesn't seem to be in OOo 2.2.

mickeyinlalaland wrote:
Googled: "jump to previous edit point in OOo"

Why didn't I think of that? Interesting that the Google search produces more usable results than searching within the OOo database directly. Oh well, I'm learning.

Thanks for your help, Mickey. After I post a feature request on OOo, I'll post a link here so people can vote to request it.

--Fred
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1