Adding new features to NeoOffice

NeoOffice Forum Index -> New Features Program
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject:

What Patrick said.

If you try running the command in Issue 64151, you'll see that it fails miserably on Mac OS X (well, at least on the latest stable Thunderbird, which I've just spent the last half-hour seeing if I could make work so that we could possibly patch the mail-sending routines): it fails to create a message (throws up a sheet attached to no window!) if Tb is not running, and attempts to start another instance of Tb if Tb is already running. Even if Thunderbird in general supports this command-line syntax, the syntax doesn't work on Mac OS X, and there's no support yet for "open" or the "open document" event.

Presumably SeaMonkey will behave in the same way; you can try yourself.

The Anomaly

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject:

well ... Pooh! Embarassed

Philip ( Rolling Eyes )
human
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject:

Excellent idea to let users vote with their dollars (or pounds, or euros, or shekels, or whatever) for the new features they want. One little refinement to the process that I would suggest is to allow donors the option to designate that their donation to be automatically rolled over into a general fund if the particular feature fails to fly. By having the donor choose the refund or rollover option up front, your 'plan-b' is already in place in the event you have to pull the proverbial plug.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject:

human wrote:
Excellent idea to let users vote with their dollars (or pounds, or euros, or shekels, or whatever) for the new features they want. One little refinement to the process that I would suggest is to allow donors the option to designate that their donation to be automatically rolled over into a general fund if the particular feature fails to fly. By having the donor choose the refund or rollover option up front, your 'plan-b' is already in place in the event you have to pull the proverbial plug.

This is an excellent idea. I looked at the PayPal developer documentation and I should be able to pass this information through PayPal using a simple HTML radio button.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject:

FYI. I just posted the New Features Program web page on the www.neooffice.org web site at the following URL:

http://www.neooffice.org/neojava/featurereqs.php

To make the new web page visible, I have changed the "Donate Today!" box in the upper left corner of the Trinity pages with the "New Features" box that you now see. Also, I added a link to the New Features Program in the header area of each www.neooffice.org page.

Since this is a new idea, I posted the page with only the 2 new features that I originally proposed at the start of this forum topic: native spellchecker and native address book. I did this because I have already analyzed the engineering and support costs for these two new features so they were the only ones ready for posting.

Lastly, since this forum topic now has several different ideas for new features, Ed has created the New Features Program to make it easier to discuss and scope out specific new feature proposals in their own topic.

Patrick
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Since we had two relatively self-contained sub-threads about specific possibly-implementable features in this thread, I've split each off into their own topics:

• PDF image import
• QuickTime Video

Smokey

The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the split!! That's exactly the kind of thing I'd hoped could happen in here Smile

I hope it can be a place where we can explore the feasibility of potential additions as well as begin to assess what may be good candidates for the new features program.

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> New Features Program All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2