Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Printing or Not of Zero Values in Calc
Printing or Not of Zero Values in Calc

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Irelandshope
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Printing or Not of Zero Values in Calc

Firstly I would like to say that I am a recent Mac switcher and loving it. I have always used MS Office and when I moved to the Mac I tried out the trial version of MS Office for the Mac. It was truly horrible, I cant believe its the No 1 selling piece of Mac software. It was really buggy and crashed quite often.

I have now been using Neooffice for around a month and I love it. It's very stable, hasn't crashed once and does everything very nicely. So congratulations Neooffice team nice work.

The question I have concerns not printing of Zero values in Calc. I have a spreadsheet template with lots of formula's but not all of them are used for each job. In preferences I have turned of Zero Values so that I dont see them on screen. The do still show up when printing so I went to format/page/sheet and unchecked Zero Values in the print section. Thats worked great no Zero Values where printed.

However if I close the spreadsheet when I reopen this box is checked again so I need to go through format/page/sheet and uncheck it again. Is there anyway to uncheck this option and have it be persistent after the application is quit and restarted.

Hope someone can offer a suggestion.
Thanks in advance
Stephen
revsmitty
Keymaker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Stephen,

Welcome to NeoOffice and the Trinity Forums.

When I uncheck the Print Zero Values box in Format>Page and then SAVE the document it stays unchecked when I quit Neo and then restart and open that document.

If you want to make this the default behavior for new Neo Spreadsheets then you have to create a new spreadsheet, uncheck the Print Zero Values and save the blank document as a template gving it whatever name you choose. The easiest way is to go to File>Templates>Save.

After you have saved it as a template Then you have to:
1 Choose File>Templates>Organize
2. Navigate to the place the blank template you just created. It should be located in the My Templates Folder.
3. Select the blank spreadsheet template and then choose the Commands button on the right hand side of the screen.
4. From the list that pops up find and click on Set as Default Template.

Now everytime you open a new spreadsheet this will be the default page format.

Hope this helps!

Galen
Irelandshope
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject:

Many thanks for your response.

If I keep the template in .stc format the setting sticks fine. When I save the finished spreadsheet out to .xls format the setting sticks while the spreadsheet remains open. However when I close it and reopen the box is checked again. I presume this setting cannot be retained in the .xls format.

Is this correct or is there any other way to suppress zero values being printed in .xls format.

Unfortunately I work in a windows shop and they only use .xls.

Thanks in advance
Stephen
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject:

I do conditional formatting: if cell value = 0 -> font colour = white

-Oz
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject:

Irelandshope wrote:
Firstly I would like to say that I am a recent Mac switcher and loving it. I have always used MS Office and when I moved to the Mac I tried out the trial version of MS Office for the Mac. It was truly horrible [...] It was really buggy and crashed quite often.

If you're a recent switcher then you probably have an Intel-based Mac. MS Office 2004 is PowerPC software and as such runs in Rosetta, which is a PowerPC emulator. It's reportedly quite unstable on Intel Macs, but should be more reliable on PPC Macs.

Of course, NeoOffice is a great app and offers most of MS Office's funtionality (and more) for a fraction of the price Very Happy
Irelandshope
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
I do conditional formatting: if cell value = 0 -> font colour = white

-Oz

Oz you are a superstar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Many Thanks
Stephen
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1