NeoOffice :: View topic - Creating Simple Styles for Screenplay Format
Creating Simple Styles for Screenplay Format

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRAYDOH
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject:

LemmonAide:

I am learning by doing and the tips given me by this group so far have enabled me to create three of my seven basic macros -- thanks again for your input, and for mentioning Celtx in particular.

One thing puzzles me: In the upper left corner of every text document is a Style toggle bar. And it is loaded with macros and... 'more' macros.

I would like this box to contain just my seven basic custom macros. Otherwise, there is too much clutter. Is this possible?

Very Happy

(CRAYDOH)
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject:

CRAYDOH,

I'm not sure, but I believe You can set the Styles to just show YOUR custom ones. I can't remember what option does that though.

Does anyone else know the answer?
It's late and I have to get some sleep! Cool

Philip ( to many ... styles, to little ... knowledge Wink )

Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you!

CRAYDOH wrote:
I hope to learn from them however -- particularly insofar as they seem able to create 'default' styles -- meaning they default to the next anticipated style one needs once you hit return.

Is there a simple way to do this, or is it a complex process? If it's complex, I'm afraid it might be forever beyond my grasp.

Richard Cray

Thank you very much for your praise (of all of us)!

In terms of setting the "next anticipated style" this is fairly easy, at least with paragraph styles. In the Format Paragraph windown on the Organizer tab, is a place to specify "next style".

See this article in the wiki.

There are similar articles on at least some of the other style types in the wiki, too.

If you run across tips, hints, or information not in those articles, feel free to post it in the "Neowiki Development" forum and one of the "mystic wiki elves" will add it.

Lorinda
One of those mystic wiki elves Smile
spinningdoc
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:47 am    Post subject: A long time ago in a galaxy far away

I was one of the people involved in doing a screenplay template all those years ago. It started off as having to jump through macro hoops to assign styles to keystrokes, and kind of growed. Then tailed off, with quite a few loose ends as I remember.

Neo 2.1 makes life a lot easier when it comes to styles and keystrokes so the whole thing’s not really necessary anymore – a template will do the job fine.

The actually margin settings etc. were never very thoroughly checked out. I think I pinched them from the BBC website at the time, and the BBC really aren’t formatting fascists. Their head of new writing development said last week at a talk I went to that they’ve developed stuff that arrived handwritten before now.
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Welcome to NeoOffice spinningdoc, and Thank you for sharing. Smile

Isn't it funny to see old projects/ideas re-appear again, why a new group of interested folks come along?!? Laughing
With the Internet some thing never die. They just " keep going and going, ... and going!"

It will be interesting to see what develops with "screenplay templates" during this cycle.

Please let us know if you have other interesting ideas and/or advice.

Philip ( Hanging around the NeoOffice Fora exposes one to some interesting ideas! Wink )
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2