· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Labels templates location
Labels templates location

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Labels templates location

I downloaded an Avery template for a label I have that isn't in NeoJ/OOo. Where are the templates stored so that NeoJ can do all of its automatic label-generation functions; i.e., where do I put this new "l_328_us0_lbl_wh_nam_2psht.doc" "template"?

Thanks!
Smokey
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject:

Put the template file in your user's Library/NeoOfficeJ/user/template folder and restart NeoJ.

Patrick
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
Put the template file in your user's Library/NeoOfficeJ/user/template folder and restart NeoJ.

Patrick,

I put it in ~/Library/NeoOfficeJ/user/template and restarted NeoJ, but the label doesn't show up in the Labels window/dialogue's drop-down-boxes anywhere.

Changing the extension/type to .dot/W8TN or .stw/???? doesn't seem to help.

(Also, the .dot file seems to use the .sxw rather than the .stw icon)

Smokey
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject:

I think that I have figured this out. Here are the steps that I used to add a label template:

1. Open the template file like a regular document in NeoJ.
2. Select the File -> Templates -> Save menu

After you add the document as a template, it will show in the list of label templates.

Patrick
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject:

Patrick,

I'm still having no luck. I followed the above procedure--tried giving it the same name (minus extension), a custom name, even creating a "Labels" subdirectory and saving it there. Quitting and restarting NeoJ between each new attempt/name/location. Nothing new is showing up in the Labels window. Sad

Could it possibly be because it's not a "full size" (letter/A4) sheet of labels but rather a smaller one????

FYI, here's the URL to the Avery template I'm trying to get to work: http://www.avery.com/us/downloads/templates/blank/l_328_us0_lbl_wh_nam_2psht.doc

I also tried "form letter" using the .doc file, which would have worked fine except there are two labels on the sheet, so I ended up with a sheet of two labels for Person 1 instead of a sheet with one label for Person 1 and another for Person 2....

Smokey
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject:

Ad interim, I got the "form letter" version working after finding this thread (I hadn't realized earlier that the Search box at the top of Trinity pages--which doesn't work--was not the forum's search, which does work).

A next record...should have thought of that.

But another NeoJ "issue" I discovered when attempting to follow the procedure described in the "Printing Address Labels" help topic referenced above: you can't drag fields from that data source drop-down (F4), but the insert fields (cmd-F2) works for both the fields and the next record.

So, my immediate problem's been solved--and I learned a little more about NeoJ/OOo, which is always a positive benefit--but I'm still curious as to how Patrick was able to have his label template come up in the Labels window and I couldn't....

Smokey
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:41 am    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
But another NeoJ "issue" I discovered when attempting to follow the procedure described in the "Printing Address Labels" help topic referenced above: you can't drag fields from that data source drop-down (F4), but the insert fields (cmd-F2) works for both the fields and the next record.

Drag-and-dropping won't work because "drag-and-drop" still needs to be coded. Its one of the few missing features in NeoJ.

sardisson wrote:
So, my immediate problem's been solved--and I learned a little more about NeoJ/OOo, which is always a positive benefit--but I'm still curious as to how Patrick was able to have his label template come up in the Labels window and I couldn't....

I double-checked my steps and I found that the template only shows up in the File -> New -> Templates and Documents dialog and it doesn't show up in the File -> New -> Labels dialog. Sad

Patrick
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
Drag-and-dropping won't work because "drag-and-drop" still needs to be coded. Its one of the few missing features in NeoJ.

I knew that...at least I do when I'm well-rested Very Happy

I've noticed some wackiness in the form letter stuff yet--not always printing all of the records. I'm making a note to play around with this more later when I actually have time (and have had some sleep)....

Thanks again, Patrick!

Smokey
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1