NeoOffice :: View topic - Support Page and Resources
Support Page and Resources

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject:

Thanks, Jacqueline!

Another option, if you don't want to try to keep up with the changes in the English list, might be to just include a link to the English page; presumably if users can make use of the English resources they can also read/access the English page.

Philip:

I added the link you provided to the "Using Macros" page, and then added a link to the resources/documentation section of the macros page to the "Related Wiki Articles" section of the Documentation and Related Resources page. I also went back and bold-texted the first few words of each step on the Support page as you suggested.
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject:

Lorinda wrote:

Another option, if you don't want to try to keep up with the changes in the English list, might be to just include a link to the English page; presumably if users can make use of the English resources they can also read/access the English page.

Of course you are right, it would be an easier way. I hesitated to translate the English page and eventually I did it. Now I'm waiting for "francophone points of view" Wink

Jacqueline
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Lorinda wrote:
I added the link you provided to the "Using Macros" page, and then added a link to the resources/documentation section of the macros page to the "Related Wiki Articles" section of the Documentation and Related Resources page.
I also went back and bold-texted the first few words of each step on the Support page as you suggested.
Cool, on both accounts.

How clever of you to add the link to the "Using Macros" page AND cross-link to "...Related Resources Page"! Cool
I was just thinking about cross-links the other day. Smile

More stuff Found:
FONTS: - (for another Wiki Page? )
Quote:
Liberation Fonts On May 9, 2007, Red Hat announced the public release of these fonts under the trademark LIBERATION at the Red Hat Summit. There are three sets: Sans (a substitute for Arial, Albany, Helvetica, Nimbus Sans L, and Bitstream Vera Sans), Serif (a substitute for Times New Roman, Thorndale, Nimbus Roman, and Bitstream Vera Serif) and Mono (a substitute for Courier New, Cumberland, Courier, Nimbus Mono L, and Bitstream Vera Sans Mono). The fonts are now available for you to install.
Free Fonts. I have downloaded but not tested the .ttf fonts on the Mac

TUTORIALs: -
Quote:
Plan-B for OpenOffice.org OpenOffice.org has become the second most popular Office Suite in the world. screencast-tutorials.com provides online help for OpenOffice.org in the form of Plan-B animated software manuals.

Honest - I wasn't looking for these! Shocked - They ... forced themselves on me! Sad

Philip ( "Looking for ... Resources in all the wrong places?" Wink )

\. Singing the Praises of the Mystic Wiki Elves! Very Happy
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject:

TUTORIALS -
Quote:
Tutorials for OpenOffice.org FREE assistance to anyone learning or teaching OpenOffice

Philip ( OK, I WAS looking when I found this one. Shocked )
valterb
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject:

LemonAid wrote:

TUTORIALs: -
Quote:
Plan-B for OpenOffice.org OpenOffice.org has become the second most popular Office Suite in the world. screencast-tutorials.com provides online help for OpenOffice.org in the form of Plan-B animated software manuals.

Honest - I wasn't looking for these! Shocked - They ... forced themselves on me!

Cool! They need to add audio to be cooler!

Valter
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for updating the "Resources" page Lorinda,

Sorry to be such a "pain in the ... resources!" Embarassed
Found some more links. We should have a pretty complete Resources listing now. Very Happy

TUTORIALS -
Quote:
LearnOpenOffice.org Web-based training and streaming video tutorials for OpenOffice.org
After Valter's comment I "had" to fill the gap? These are "Talkies" Shocked

I had a big file of references and links for OOo training (students, education uses, ingots, and such) but can't find it. Maybe the Tutorials will meet this need - for most users.

RELATED EXTERNAL LINKS -
Quote:
OpenOffice.org Support area Welcome to the OpenOffice.org Support area. Listed here are links to:
- free community Support,
- commercial support and training,
- OpenOffice.org books, and
- general community resources.
This covers many of the SAME items that documentation.openoffice.org, and provides other lots of other items like those being listed on the NeoWiki "Resources" page. It could go right under "The OpenOffice.org Documentation Project".

I saw this listed on another site and thought that this link would help insure our links cover many subjects, and are crossed-referenced.

If a user can't find some helpful items or links on the updated "Documentation and Related Resources" Wiki page - they are just not taking the time to look! RTFMs, Blogs, tutorials, etc! Rolling Eyes

It's amazing at the amount of resources available for OOo.

Philip ( Says "Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" (smack! Wink ) )

footnote: I emailed Jean Hollis Weber about her updated web site (it looks nice).
Found out that she knows about NeoOffice. Looks like NeoOffice is knowned - around the world!
Laughing
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Got 'em!

Lorinda
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject:

You are ... Good, no - wait, you are GREAT!

TUTORIALS - I looked up the url for
Quote:
International Grades in Office Technology (INGOTs) What is an INGOT?
INGOTs are International Grades for Office Technologies. In English the word INGOT is associated with a metal bar of high value. The INGOT certificates provide a motivating progression route from complete beginner to professional level expertise in commonly used productivity tools found in the modern workplace such as word processing, presenting and searching for information. More importantly they prepare the student for citizenship in a rapidly changing technological world by learning through participation.
Popular in UK and EU. How cool is that!

Philip ( was always a "sea level" student! Rolling Eyes )

<edit - darn, I wish some users had completed at least the Bronze INGOT 3 (Entry Level 3) level.
From the INGOTs Assessor Handbook, page 30 -
    Unit 1 - General Knowledge of Open Systems
    - I know the term cross platform meaning that there are versions of the software that can run on more than one operating system and I can name two examples.
    - I know that sometimes it is easy and sometimes difficult to move information from one program to another.
> Rolling Eyes
RoyFocker
Oracle

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:47 am    Post subject:

cool??? Shocked
(Jacqueline: cool = fraîche??? I don't understand!)

Thanks...
I think that it's not necessary translate that page into spanish!
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:58 am    Post subject:

RoyFocker wrote:
cool??? Shocked
(Jacqueline: cool = fraîche??? I don't understand!)

In temperature cool = frais (fraîche)
But here Philip says "génial, excellent" or something like that.
In "Frenglish" (franglais) we say "cool" Rolling Eyes

Quote:

I think that it's not necessary translate that page into spanish!

Yes, it would be more reasonable. But I saw that Valter translated it into Italian. I'll put a link to the English page on the French one, and leave the translation in comments (just in case, you never know Wink)

Jacqueline
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject:

If you're interested in the wide range of the slang usage of "cool," you might take a looker at http://www.wordreference.com/. If you look up cool in the English to French dictionary, there's a very complete listing. Unfortunately the English to Spanish entry is nowhere near as comprehensive a listing. It's a great site. I was struggling to figure out how to define "cool" without using another slang term (like "neat"), so I went there for help.

I also couldn't come up with a French equivalent (no hopes of me coming up with a Spanish one!). Now I know why! Smile

I obviously should have put a commented note to translators in the documumentation and related resources page. My apologies. I had suggested in the forums that "translations" refer to language specific resources, but I didn't think to add that to the English article in the wiki. I'll try to get that fixed soon. It may not be today, as we'll be busy with my son's birthday party and getting ready for dance/tumbling pictures for both of the kids tomorrow.
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Embarassed Darn, I'm sorry that I caused such ... confusion with ... "cool". Sad Guess I forgot where I was?

I did not mean to cause such ... excitement?
I was just so excited / interested in what I found.
Maybe I should have said: "How exciting", "How Interesting!", etc. Rolling Eyes

I learn something new EVERY time I visit the fora.
Plus, "How Cool" was just my comment - I did not mean that should get added to the Wiki, or translated.

I do suggest that you take a bit of time to look at the INGOTs training (intended for School Children).
I found some good information just scanning items.
Rays probably has something like this in the World Scouts.
... "How ... Exciting"

Looking at all the Resources listed, or Linked to, I think that someone really interested in leaning more should be able to find some help and/or answers.

MANY thanks to all the Mystic Wiki Elves for their support, and efforts.
NeoWiki is truly a valuable resource (for the whole OOo community!).
Having this information in a Wiki makes it MUCH easier to Search and find answers.

Lorinda,
A HAPPY Birth-DAY greeting to your son Very Happy and have FUN with the dance/tumbling pictures.
(I wonder if your kids know what a ... "COOL"/wonderful/interesting Mother they have. Rolling Eyes
It's a pleasure to have meet you, and shared the fora. )
(and I'm excited to meet the other Fora regulars, TOO!
You affect the lives of people around the "whole" world. How Cool/GREAT/Wonderful is that!)

Philip ( sorry, I just feel so ... blessed(?) and wanted to be sure I complemented such valuable ... friends! Wink )
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject:

LemonAid wrote:
Embarassed Darn, I'm sorry that I caused such ... confusion with ... "cool". Sad Guess I forgot where I was?

Don't worry. It's so cool Very Happy to have such talks about our different languages.

Jacqueline
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject:

Lorinda wrote:
It may not be today, as we'll be busy with my son's birthday party and getting ready for dance/tumbling pictures for both of the kids tomorrow.

Happy birthday to the little boy and best wishes to him and all your family.

Jacqueline
RoyFocker
Oracle

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject:

Just to be as "cool" as I could (now that I know what it means) I now wear sun glasses, have lowered the temperature in my office to 50 degrees and never get angry anymore... Cool
ROFL (and kicking)

Thank you Lorinda, Jacqueline and Philip!!

Happy birthday to your son, Lorinda Annoying dancing banana
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4