NeoOffice :: View topic - Bugzilla upgraded
Bugzilla upgraded

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Bugzilla upgraded

FYI. I just finished upgrading Bugzilla to phpBugTracker 1.0.1. Previously, we had been running on phpBugTracker 0.9.1.

The upgrade was needed to close some of the SQL injection security holes that the old version had. Sadly, because the phpBugTracker code changed quite bit, I was not able to keep the custom look and feel that Dan Williams created but I was able to splice in our custom warning, links, and the Patchlevel field.

One new feature in phpBugTracker 1.0.1 is that you can attach a file when you submit a new bug.

Please let me know if you find any breakage in Bugzilla as a result of this upgrade.

Patrick
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject:

In the old phpBugTracker, I could enter line breaks with the return key, and Bugzilla would keep the line breaks, which made my comments more readable. However, the new phpBugTracker seems to omit these line breaks. The new system is probably trying to use as little vertical space as possible, and this is probably a new feature of version 1.0.1. Having the ability to insert a line break would be nice though.

Is this something that you can fix ? Otherwise, is there a way (like a sequence of characters) to manually insert a line break in a comment ?
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:
Is this something that you can fix ? Otherwise, is there a way (like a sequence of characters) to manually insert a line break in a comment ?

Fixed. Your newline characters were being stored in the database but the code wasn't replacing the newlines with
tags when outputting the comments to HTML

Patrick
mickeyinlalaland
Oracle

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject:

I noticed that when a reference to a bug number is listed the actual web address is posted, whereas before, if you typed "bug" and "#'s" the numbers were highlighted and turned into an active link - do I need to format the reference differently?
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject:

mickeyinlalaland wrote:
I noticed that when a reference to a bug number is listed the actual web address is posted, whereas before, if you typed "bug" and "#'s" the numbers were highlighted and turned into an active link - do I need to format the reference differently?

I found the cause of this and the links are now fixed. It was a bug added in the newer phpBugTracker software.

Patrick
amayze
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject:

This is mostly just a minor annoyance, but its only started happening since the upgrade to Bugzilla:

View a bug in bugzilla, whilst not logged in (email addresses hidden)
Login via the form at the bottom of the bug.
You are taken to a list of bugs (query.php)

Before the upgrade you were left in the bug you had been viewing, but logged in with the email addresses displayed.

Does this happen to everyone, or just me?

Andy.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject:

FYI. I found the cause of this bug (phpBugTracker was using a non-existent PHP variable) and I have fixed it.

Patrick
amayze
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:02 am    Post subject:

Thanks.

Andy.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject:

When filing a bug, are we really supposed to be able to choose any user and make it seem like they filed the bug (i.e., all the usernames are available for selection in a menu on the "Add a new bug" page)?

Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject:

Fixed. I can't believe the writers of phpBugTracker thought that was a feature.

Patrick
mickeyinlalaland
Oracle

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject:

In the basic "query bugs" and "advanced query bugs" I can't isolate which version I'm searching; my only choice is "all".
I can type in a patch level #.

Also in "advanced query page" the following only have "all" option:
"Closed in version"
"To be closed in version"
"Component"

I have found the option to limit the search within one version helpful at times.

Is it possible to narrow search by version or is a global version search prefered?
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject:

mickeyinlalaland wrote:
In the basic "query bugs" and "advanced query bugs" I can't isolate which version I'm searching; my only choice is "all".
I can type in a patch level #.

That is because you must change the Product field from All to a specific product as there are two products in Bugzilla: NeoOffice and NeoLight.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1