Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Nothing to report!
Nothing to report!

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JKT
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject: Nothing to report!

Well, I've been using 0.8.2 on and off for relatively simple tasks over the past week or so and I'm happy to say that I have absolutely nothing to report Wink Admittedly, it hasn't exactly been exhaustive testing, but I've imported and printed .docs with no problems (other than OOo-filter related issues like slightly incorrect formatting), I've imported a .ppt document and test ran the slideshow with no problems (perhaps a bit sluggish to get going, but that is likely due to the age of my Mac more than anything), and I've been using the Calc component with no issues, including printing... if it weren't for the absence of drag and drop support, I'd say that this version would pretty much rate as a version 1.0 release candidate, so well done Patrick. I guess I'm posting this just to say that I haven't lost interest in testing and using NO/J, it's just that I haven't had any problems with it that required me to post here - not even a single crash! Very Happy

Please visit The Land Gallery at http://www.thelandgallery.com for nature-inspired British Fine Art
GibHenry
Councilperson

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: I'll second that!

Well, I've been using 0.8.2 on and off for relatively simple tasks over the past week or so and I'm happy to say that I have absolutely nothing to report Admittedly, it hasn't exactly been exhaustive testing, but I've imported and printed .docs with no problems (other than OOo-filter related issues like slightly incorrect formatting), I've imported a .ppt document and test ran the slideshow with no problems (perhaps a bit sluggish to get going, but that is likely due to the age of my Mac more than anything), and I've been using the Calc component with no issues, including printing... if it weren't for the absence of drag and drop support, I'd say that this version would pretty much rate as a version 1.0 release candidate, so well done Patrick. I guess I'm posting this just to say that I haven't lost interest in testing and using NO/J, it's just that I haven't had any problems with it that required me to post here - not even a single crash!

Well, my testing isn't exhaustive, either, but I do a fair amount of work in Calc, including my 3-4 deposit tickets every week (printing the MICR numbers sideways across what becomes the "bottom" of the deposit ticket). Couldn't do that in OOo because of MICR font issues.

All I can say is, NeoOffice/J is at least as stable as Micro$loth Excel ever was! Any issues lie with the 1.0.3 code (e.g., aligning a cell to "center" works only if its contents is short enough to fit entirely within the cell, otherwise it's flush-left; and aligning a cell at 270° won't let it print beyond the cell limit even if the next cell above is empty). I know issues like this have been raised and I suspect they have been addressed in 1.1x. Anxiously awaiting NeoOffice/J x based on 1.1 code...!

Keep up the good work, Patrick! Cheers,

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1