Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - exception with the remote office component context
exception with the remote office component context

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chello
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: exception with the remote office component context

Hi,
I work for Druide Informatique. We distribute the French spelling and grammar checker "Antidote".

Presently, Antidote can interact with OpenOffice on Windows and Linux. We plan to port integration to OpenOffice and NeoOffice on Mac OS X. The integration use a plug-in. This plug-in is build with the UNO API.

I have begun a investigation about NeoOffice. I built it on PowerPC machine, and with the result (some dylib), I built a plug-in with the UNO API.

Now, I trying to establish a communication between Antidote and Neoffice with the plug-in but a exception is throw on the following code:
Reference< XComponentContext > xContext(::cppu::bootstrap()) ;

I would like some hints to continue.

Best Regards,
Pierre
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject:

No clue. We use the unmodified OOo 2.1 code so if the bootstrapping is failing, one of the following is likely causing the problem:

1. You aren't providing the correct properties to the OOo bootstrap class that it needs to find NeoOffice. IIRC, it makes only a half-hearted attempt to find the soffice executable and you are likely going to have to read the OOo documentation very carefully as to how this information is specified.

2. You have found a bug in OOo that exists on Mac. There are many of these since Sun engineering staff do not build or formally test any code on Mac.

My suggestion is to look closely at the OOo source code for ::cppu::bootstrap() to figure out where the exception is being thrown.

If this is overwhelming and you cannot determine the cause, we also provide engineering services on a consulting basis for work like this (this is one of the main ways that we finance NeoOffice). If you are interested in that, you can send me a Private Message with your company information and I or Ed will give you a quote.

Patrick
chello
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject:

I establish a communication between Antidote and Neoffice. To reach my goal, I set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable and the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH variable to the MAcOS folder of the NeoOffice bundle.

Pierre
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1