· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Recent documents in the NeoOffice menu
Recent documents in the NeoOffice menu

NeoOffice Forum Index -> New Features Program
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Francesco Porta

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject: Recent documents in the NeoOffice menu

When no windows are open, Recent documents list is nowhere available. Maybe it can be added to the NeoOffice menu or in the Dock menu.
Francesco Porta
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject:

You might want to donate for this new feature

http://www.neooffice.org/neojava/fr/featurereqs.php#2

Jacqueline
rays
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject:

My recent .odt documents are listed in my Apple Menu>Recent Items>Documents list (as long as I haven't subsequenty opened too many other documents and the NeoOffice ones have slipped down and off the end of the list). As far as I know, this is a standard feature in NeoOffice 2.1.
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject:

And NeoOffice-specific recent documents are accessible in the File menu, but the File menu doesn't exist if no document window is open. Hence the feature proposal which would make this menu available at all times.
Sqidge
Red Pill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:44 am    Post subject:

The "no windows are open, Recent documents list is nowhere available" feature is a general frustration, but to fix it would require NeoOffice assuming a non-Mac-standard operating procedure, keeping the File menu item open.

However, given that having the application's menu item really being a shortcut to a set of applications, which is non-standard, I guess keeping the the File menu item would not be too much of a stretch from the standards, and would be very welcome by this user.
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject:

The New Features Program hasn't been able to generate enough funding for any of the feature proposals so far, and although two of them have been implemented (one by NeoOffice - OS X spellchecker integration - and one by Omer Bar-Or for OpenOffice.org - OS X address book integration) I doubt any features will be implemented through the program in the near future.

However, the scope of this feature request has been pretty well defined in this thread so if the developers have enough time and funding available, it *may* show up in a future release.

Moreover, as Ray pointed out, the recent documents are also available through the Apple Recent Items menu if they haven't been replaced by other non-NeoOffice documents.
Sqidge
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for that info, Samwise.

I had no idea or concept of the financial constraints that a project such as this one operates within.

I shall hersh ma mouth from now on, Honey Confused

Sorry I can't help with the coding. I used to be able to do code house-keeping (typos. layout etc) in the days of ResEdit, pre-X, but not now.

Keep up the good work, and thank you for (all of) your efforts.
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Meanwhile, I don't kow if you've come across mention of NOMu in your travels through these fora, but it's a menubar app which shows (amongst other things) your last 5 opened Neo docs, as long as they've been opened through the app itself. You can reach it through a keyboard shortcut, so it doesn't take too long to get used to using it for opening and creating Neo docs. (The developer is working on integrating it with the OSX recent docs list so that it will ultimately show the last 5 Neo docs regardless of how they were opened.)

- padmavyuha
Dragonfly14
Sentinel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Yoxi wrote:
"shows (...) your last 5 opened Neo docs"

PLUS NOMu will show opened (unknown maximum number) Neo templates.

Ooroo.
Sqidge
Red Pill

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Thank you Yoxi ,and you freindly Tasweigian, Dragonfly, you.

I'm off to find a copy of NOMu and an easier life enjoying the logic of Neo.

Cheers dears
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> New Features Program All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1