Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - "Could not connect to internet", problem opening s
"Could not connect to internet", problem opening s

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tosviol
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: "Could not connect to internet", problem opening s

Sorry, this might be really stupid but this has been a problem for me as long as I remember using NeoOffice (for 2 years or some). I tried searching the forum and the Sun bug tracker for way too long, with not much success...

At times I have problems opening spreadsheet documents that were saved from different locations (saved at home, not opening at work). I guess the documents embed some sort of IP data, because I get this error:

"Could not establish Internet connection to (IP number)"
--> click OK, nothing happens, the document won't load and NeoOffice hangs

I think my local IP has changed recently, because the warning has a different ip number. Now I can't open the document anywhere! Is this a bug and has it been reported yet? Seriously I can't be the only one with this problem. Embarassed

This is a really important document for me and obviously I don't have any copies of it to save my life. Are there any converter tools to rescue .ods files to .xls?

I'm on a G4 iBook, OS X 10.4.9 (PowerPC), latest NO with the latest patches installed

Any help would be much appreciated!
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Does your spreadsheet use a data source?

Also, if your IP is changing and you do hae a spreadsheet that's trying to connect to a data source, webdav, etc. you may want to try quitting Neo and relaunching. Sometimes if IP addresses change it may interrupt TCP/IP sevices in running applications, so restarting may help.

ed
tosviol
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
Does your spreadsheet use a data source?

Not that I'm aware of! It's just a regular spreadsheet of my own calculations, nothing special. If it does have a data source, how do I remove it if I can't open the file?

OPENSTEP wrote:
Also, if your IP is changing and you do hae a spreadsheet that's trying to connect to a data source, webdav, etc. you may want to try quitting Neo and relaunching. Sometimes if IP addresses change it may interrupt TCP/IP sevices in running applications, so restarting may help.

I'll try booting the machine... relauching Neo doesn't help in this case, same thing.

Also, I tried opening the file on my Ubuntu 6.06 box running OpenOffice 2, and that didn't open it either. It's really annoying, why doesn't clicking OK just bypass connecting to the source, if such thing exists? That would be awesome Very Happy
tosviol
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject:

Booting didn't help...
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject:

Yeah unfortunately that's bizarre and it's beyond my range of knowledge. Data sources or macros are the only thing I can think of that might try to establish network connections.

I don't think there's a way to disable them in OOo/Neo, but you may want to try verifying your proxy settings in NeoOffice > Preferences > Internet > Proxy. If it's macros and not a data source, you might want to try disabling all macros in NeoOffice > Preferences > NeoOffice > Security > Macro Security. Beyond those two things there's nothing else I can think of.

ed
tosviol
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject:

I'd guess you're on the right track... I may have insterted something weird in the document, but it still doesn't make sense as to why it won't open...

I don't use a proxy and macro settings are set to LOW, no difference.

For now I guess I'll stick with Google spreadsheets Crying or Very sad
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1