NeoOffice 2.2.1 release coming soon

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:
I'm working on it. I will send them to you so that you can copy/paste the new text in the existing pages (turns out this is easier for me). Since you seem to have done quite a few updates to the EAP, I think the related page(s) will need some updates, too - which I can translate when they become available.

I will probably need to change much of the wording on the existing EAP pages to reflect the change in how you become a member. However, if you translate download.php, maindownload.php, or features.php, I will merge any duplicate text into their matching EAP pages for you as I did for the German and Dutch translations.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject:

BTW, when the next icon updates are created, can someone replace the phrase "Apple Computer, Inc." with "Apple Inc." in the intro.psd and its matching image?

Thanks,

Patrick
djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
BTW, when the next icon updates are created, can someone replace the phrase "Apple Computer, Inc." with "Apple Inc." in the intro.psd and its matching image?

Someone?... Razz

Can do. Will do.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject:

djpimley wrote:
Someone?... Razz

I can never keep it straight which files you, Smokey, Oscar, or Armando maintain. Wink

Patrick
djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
I'm also not sure if you're interested or not, but Patrick & I also figured out how to complete the custom cursors for OOo.

If there are improvements to be made I'm certainly willing to try. But I don't use NeoOffice (or any other office suite Smile) enough to pay them much attention. If anyone pitches in with specific - or even general - complaints about the default cursors, I'd be happy to try making improvements.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Can we get a more Mac-like hand-drag cursor? Wink I noticed the awful OOo cursor for the first time today (have a formula that contains a range, then edit the formula in the forumla bar--not in the cell itself--and while editing, move the cursor over the area outlined in blue/red/whatever) :p

Obviously we can't use Apple's hand straight-up, but something that looks more like it? (Select "Scroll Tool" mode in Preview when you have an image that has scrollbars to see Apple's hand.)

BTW, please someone ping me this weekend so that I remember to get the icon list sorted out for Daniel....

Smokey

Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject:

If you have the time, it would be nice to replace the default light bulb/idea icon with something more Mac-like. I don't know what the typical "Mac" icon for this looks like though.
djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject:

I'll certainly take a look. Whether I have the time or ability to do better is another matter...

Ed, can you post or PM the GIF files for the icons so I can investigate?
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
Can we get a more Mac-like hand-drag cursor? Wink

Smokey
+1 ditto that request.

That it little hand in a white glove?
- one is open handed
- second has just the index finger extended.

It seems that this are sized for another computer / resolution?
They look to big, and jaggie when I see them.

Philip ( I'll have to get new glasses ... soon! Wink )
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject:

djpimley wrote:
I'll certainly take a look. Whether I have the time or ability to do better is another matter...

Ed, can you post or PM the GIF files for the icons so I can investigate?

This is the directory containing the GIF images in cvsweb:

http://trinity.neooffice.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/neojava/vcl/java/com/sun/star/vcl/images/?only_with_tag=NeoOffice-2_1_branch

Let me know if that doesn't get through and I can get a separate zip file up. They're also in the Contents/MacOS/classes/vcl.jar JAR file in the NeoOffice installation, but I'm not sure of the actual path within the JAR.

For cursors, what we need is a GIF file plus the coordinates of the "hotspot", that is, the pixel position within the image that is the action area. For example, for the standard arrow cursor the "hotspot" is at the upper tip of the arrow, for crosshairs it's in the center of the crosshairs, etc.

ed
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
Let me know if that doesn't get through and I can get a separate zip file up. They're also in the Contents/MacOS/classes/vcl.jar JAR file in the NeoOffice installation, but I'm not sure of the actual path within the JAR.

If you unzip the vcl.jar file. All of the cursor images will be in the com/sun/star/vcl/images directory.

Patrick
djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject:

I grabbed the cursor images from CVS. I've decided to hit them all with the Akua stick. I'll post something in the next day or two.
djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject:

I've posted a first draft of the Akua cursors in the Creating an Aqua toolbar icon set thread. I think it would be better to discuss it there, than to take this thread further off-topic.
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject:

About the translation : does anyone know how the Return to Merchant button is called in French ?
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:
About the translation : does anyone know how the Return to Merchant button is called in French ?

I would not necessarily assume that PayPal even has French pages.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4