Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - From Neooffice to word 2004
From Neooffice to word 2004

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike_
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:01 am    Post subject: From Neooffice to word 2004

Hi, I really hope somebody can help me as I am working with large important document (thesis).

When I started using first openoffice and then neooffice there were no problem converting from word to these files. And the program worked very well so thank you for a nice program.

But it is not suitable for everything. As I my document became larger and I started to used excel alike version of neooffice, (where the advanced features where very limiting, and fair enough), I startede shifting from working in different documents integrating and make tables and figures, the program has the ability to stall/crash.

Anyway, the point is that eventhought it is a nice program and I think the idea is, I have no other choice than going back to Word 2004 for mac.
I can save the document as a word 6.0 or 95, but result is poor. The drawings and tables is gone or not even close to be alike.

I have search in the forum, and I found the link for "Microsoft Office Open XML Converter - 0.2", so will is that the right program to solve the problem or does anybody knows something better?
Mike_
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:17 am    Post subject: Little correction

Maybe I should put it this why: I have tried it, but of course it only convert xml files, I think I was a little to fast there, sorry.

The qeustion is, if there is a convert program for *.Odt files to microsoft word 2004?
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:27 am    Post subject:

there is an openoffice.org template that will run a mass conversion on files, you should be able to go from odt to doc with no issues.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ooomacros/

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=87718&package_id=95532
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject:

The "converter" you mentioned only allows Office 2004 to open Office 2007 (OpenXML) documents. The links provided by jakeOSX are macros that will automate the process of converting ODF (.odt, .ods etc.) files to the (NeoOffice-supported) format of your choice with NeoOffice. If you don't have many documents, you can also do this manually.

I think your problem here is that you've been trying to save your documents in legacy formats (Word 6.0, Word 95). If you want to edit your documents with Microsoft Office, the best format to use is Word 97/2000/XP (the most recent variant of the Word format compatible with Office 2004 for Mac, and the Word format for which OpenOffice.org - on which NeoOffice is based - has the best filters).
Mike_
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Solutions

Thanks, the 97/XP works fine, not perfect, but is it ok. At first I though it was only for xp systems.

Meanwhile I found the media-converter.com site, the result is the same. If you don't have Openoffice or Neooffice installed, it is a good alternative, if it is only some few files you need to convert.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1