· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - #NAME? error
#NAME? error

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aslater
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: #NAME? error

I tried searching for what is probably a very common problem, but it returned too many results that just specified the word "name."

I have a spreadsheet that has been working for many weeks, but suddenly at cell 82 has stopped working. I use the spreadsheet to reference other spreadsheets, but on this particular date and cell it gives me no error message to tell me the file can't be found, but still shows the #NAME? error in the cell. The only difference I notice is that when I type in the reference:

='file:///volumes/external film 1/docs/ep0006 flu day/dailies folder/2007-07-11.ods'#$dailies.M25

It changes the M25 to lower case (m25).

I can't figure out what has happened with this file! Nobody else uses neo office at my office. I urgently need assistance on this - any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Ashley Slater
aslater@nwfx.com
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: #NAME? error

aslater wrote:
I can't figure out what has happened with this file! Nobody else uses neo office at my office. I urgently need assistance on this - any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

The file path that you posted is a separate volume. Do you have this "external film 1" volume showing in the Finder? If not, there is your problem: you are linking to a remote volume that you have not mounted on your machine and you need to contact the document's author to find out how to mount the "external film 1" volume that they were using or the author needs to embed, not link, the data in the document.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1