· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Diashow crashes NeoOffice
Diashow crashes NeoOffice

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colli
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:13 am    Post subject: Diashow crashes NeoOffice

I have 2 powerpoint files that crashes NeoOffice during a diashow. I use version 2.2.1
The content of the files are just pics. And the crash happens always on the same pic. And only when using diashow.
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject:

What kind of transition is being used on that picture? Is it different the transitions on other pictures? What happens when you change the transition to something else?

Does it happen on the same numbered slide in both ppt files?
What happens if you save the ppt file as an odp file?

If I have time today, I'll run a ppt file I have and see if I can reproduce the crash.

Given that it is a crash, it's probably a good idea to file a bug in Bugzilla. Be sure to read The Bugzilla Guide before filing a bug. Pay special attention to the instructions for obtaining and attaching a crash log.
mickeyinlalaland
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject:

what type of image file is on the slide that causes the crash (ie: is your file all .jpg's but then on the page that crashes the image is an .png)

You said the slides are all images; but does one of hte images have a font in it?
colli
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject:

Don't know all the things you asked. It was just a mail I got from a friend. Just pictures (landscapes). Don't know the format of the pictures. There are no animations between pics. Can I send the file to anyone?

One file it happens at the first pic and the other file it happens at the fifth. But always the same.

And it still happens when saved as .odp file.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject:

Yes, definitely please file a bug about this and include the crash report and, if possible, please send along the file as well so we can recreate! Very Happy

ed
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
Yes, definitely please file a bug about this and include the crash report and, if possible, please send along the file as well so we can recreate! Very Happy

ed

Definitely file a bug in Bugzilla and attach a crash log and, if you can, sample files. With a crash log and a sample file, we hopefully will be able to reproduce the bug and then fix it.

Patrick
mickeyinlalaland
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Bug 2537 has been filed. Thanks!
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject:

mickeyinlalaland wrote:
Bug 2537 has been filed. Thanks!

...and I have closed the bug. Since when do we file "placeholder" bugs?

We need the person experiencing the bug to file a bug, not litter our bug tracking system with placeholders to forum discussion.

Edit: my mistake. I thought mickeyinlalaland filed the bug. After sorting out my confusion, I have reopened the bug.

BTW, anyone have any suggestions for where colli can upload a really large file? Bugzilla's limit is pretty much fixed. Sad

Patrick
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject:

I've once used Wikiupload which will accept files up to 5 GB - although I don't know much else about the website ..
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject:

I found the cause of this bug. It was a really nasty little bug to debug. The bug will affect most presentation documents when both of the following circumstances occur:

1. There are "fontwork" objects in the presentation
2. You run the presentation in slide show mode

This will cause either of the following to occur:

- Immediate slowdown of your machine due to a large, sudden increase in memory usage.

- Crashing

colli not only saw the second symptom of the bug, but I believe colli was also seeing the first symptom of the bug in this topic.

For those that are curious, the bug was caused by Mac OS X glyph outline APIs to return outlines with bounds that had a negative width and/or height. Instead of ignoring these obviously undrawable dimensions, my code was passing them back to the OOo code. The OOo code would turn the negative values into positive values and would try to allocate massive amounts of memory. My fix was to simply not pass these particular glyph dimensions to the OOo code.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1