Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Flat XML File Filter for OO.o 1.1.1 X11 Tech Preview
Flat XML File Filter for OO.o 1.1.1 X11 Tech Preview

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org X11 Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Flat XML File Filter for OO.o 1.1.1 X11 Tech Preview

I have the OO.o 1.1.1 X11 Tech Preview (download from apple.com's download service) installed on a Panther box and I can't seem to find the Flat XML filter:

* There is no Flat XML option in the Open or Save As dialog boxes (so, I guess not installed/configured)
* There is no Flat XML option in the XML Filter Settings dialog box (I'm guessing this is where I would find it to install/configure it)

Am I looking in the wrong place? Is there a Flat XML file filter for tech preview? If not, would it be a case of downloading the filter from the xml.openoffice.org and then simply compiling?

Thanks

Simon
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Right now with the tech previews and final builds we're trying to track down missing patches and components. You're spot on in that it may be as simple as something that was missed. I'll do a little more research and see what I can dig up for you. Offhand, do you know if it's missing in the 1.1.2 tech preview or only in 1.1.1?

The ".sxw", ".sxd", etc. files are of course only gzip archives too. While not the flat XML formats, you may be able to rig a workaround for the regular file formats by dipping into them with gzip. This is what I did in previous versions of OOo prior to the flat XML options.

ed

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject:

> Offhand, do you know if it's missing in the 1.1.2 tech preview or only in 1.1.1?

Don't know about 1.1.2. I only have the 1.1.1 preview on my machine. How do I go about getting a version 1.1.2? (http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/ mentions 1.1.1 only)

Thanks for the comment about the zipped package format. My reason for wanting the Flat XML filter is to test/use a Java-based document conversion program we have developed at work. This program does batch conversions from a variety of formats into another variety of XML-based formats for our XML-only repository. MS Office formats are converted into flat Open Office XML.

Anyway, our conversion tool integrates fine with OO.o on Linux and Windows. Testing it on Mac OS X, and it gets stuck on the lack of a filter.

Simon
Terry Teague

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Re:Flat File XML Filter

Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the comment about the zipped package format. My reason for wanting the Flat XML filter is to test/use a Java-based document conversion program we have developed at work. This program does batch conversions from a variety of formats into another variety of XML-based formats for our XML-only repository. MS Office formats are converted into flat Open Office XML.

Anyway, our conversion tool integrates fine with OO.o on Linux and Windows. Testing it on Mac OS X, and it gets stuck on the lack of a filter.

I know nothing about the Flat File XML Filter, and did a little experimenting with the "XML Filter Settings" dialog box in OOo 1.1.1rc3, but didn't get too far.

I did find the following tidbit of info in one of the bug reports :

Quote:
------- Additional comments from jsi Thu Sep 11 06:55:28 -0700 2003 -------

Reporter: Flat XML filter has been removed from product (OOo 1.1.0)
and will be (may be) one day a sample for the OOo SDK. No bug.
Component gone.

What version of OOo are you using with Linux/Windows?

Sounds like the filter is no longer available in binary form.

It appears the filter source is available in the OOo 1.1.x source tree, and at :

http://xml.openoffice.org/source/browse/api/odk/examples/cpp/GenericXMLFilter/

I had a quick look at the instructions for building and installing such a filter, and while the instructions seem to be a little wrong, it should be possible to build and install the filter.

Basically I have no experience building and installing spearate pieces like filters. If you do it yourself, and succeed, would like to hear about here.

Regards, Terry
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org X11 Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1