NeoOffice icon & Leopard

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
palb
Red Pill

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject:

http://www.box.net/shared/zer88xak7e
http://www.box.net/shared/pkyuki1dvf

Two examples. It's hard to put the actual ship in there without loosing the simplicity. I tried but came to the conclusion that in that case the current icon is just fine as it is. These last icons are supposed to be a legacy of the current symbol (I think people will see a ship from seing the sails) but yet be a simplified and modernized design. This is my effort to contribute to make an application even better – in my subjective view.

Thanks for the previous comments Smile
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject:

Though I wouldn't want to lose the ship, I like your 2 new icons a lot better just as icons - this time, I'm at the Sydney Opera House Wink - maybe this is more like a Rorschach test... baby's prams? Australia? What am I trying to tell myself? Anyway, you make nice icons, mate - keep at it.

- padmavyuha
palb
Red Pill

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:31 am    Post subject:

yoxi wrote:
Though I wouldn't want to lose the ship, I like your 2 new icons a lot better just as icons - this time, I'm at the Sydney Opera House Wink - maybe this is more like a Rorschach test... baby's prams? Australia? What am I trying to tell myself? Anyway, you make nice icons, mate - keep at it.

- padmavyuha

I also saw the Sydney Opera house after I added the second sail. I know the work of Utzon and he got inspiration from the sea.
mat
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject:

about the resolution independence: I think I've read somewhere that a vector format (PDF?) is also possible as icon.

I'm not sure if this is correct, but that way you could have a truly resolution independent icon. (if true and you have a vector image of your ship)
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Opera House

palb wrote:
yoxi wrote:

- padmavyuha

I also saw the Sydney Opera house after I added the second sail. I know the work of Utzon and he got inspiration from the sea.

Having just returned from Sydney, I can confirm that this does look a lot like a perspective on the Opera House Smile It also reminds me a little of the Scribus icon, particularly the colour. Nice work, whatever the outcome.
Peter
Lytical
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Hi,

Just a quick note from a forum newbie (I just joined today). I reached this thread because I was looking for alternate dock icons for NeoOffice.

I'm not sure why the ship image is important to the developers, but I can respect it. For me, the ship reminds me of thepiratebay.org site. Since NeoOffice is NOT pirated software, I don't really want anything like that in my dock.

Just my US$.02. Smile

Lytical
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2