Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - How to keep header from repeating on each page
How to keep header from repeating on each page

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drawingdead
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: How to keep header from repeating on each page

I am using a header to contain my letterhead, so I only want the header to show on the first page of a document. How do I accomplish this? I'm having trouble formulating a search that gets me to the solution. (This could be because I'm an idiot).

Thanks.
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Welcome to NeoOffice and the forums at trinity.

The help can sometimes be difficult to search.

In NeoOffice, headers are related to page styles.

Take a look at Using Page Styles article in the NeoWiki. You might also find it helpful to look at the article on page numbers; there's a link to it at the bottom of the Page Styles article.

Essentially, you need a "First Page" page style with the header turned on, and a "Following Pages" page style with the header turned off. The page numbering article discusses some of this, which is why I suggested it.

Pay close attention to the Page Styles article; there are some tricky aspects to page styles in Neo.

If you have more questions, please post back and we'll help you through it.

Lorinda
mickeyinlalaland
Oracle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject:

You'll have to set a Page Style with a header in it. Information for working with Page Styles can be found here on the NeoWiki.

Basically when you create a new document: go to Format > Styles and Formatting. In new window; click on 4th icon for Page Styles; next select Default or First Page Control-Click and a pop-up window saying "New" or "Modify" will appear.

You want to create a "New" page style, so click that, next in new pop-up window; you'll get a window with "Name" type in "Header Page" (or whatever you want to), as for next style you can select "Default" (or whatever you have already set). Next, select "Header Tab" check "Header On" to apply function (change settings as needed); select OK

Now go back to first page of document; Insert > Manual Break > Type: Page Break; Style: Default. A new page has been added; now return to first page and apply new Page Style you just created by double clicking on newly named page "Header Page".

Page 1 should have a Header and all subsequent pages are set to previous formatting.

Since you applied a page break; you will see a new page has been inserted to work with or to delete; but the page style should register how you directed it and not have a header.

Edit: Lorinda got here whilst I was typing! Speedy!
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1