Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice note's and printing
NeoOffice note's and printing

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
christdi
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: NeoOffice note's and printing

Hello. I have an request for neooffice reguarding
note's and printing.

In Micorosoft Word inserted note's are conveniantly shown at the right side of the table/cells, and they are shown the same way when printing.

NeoOffice does not have this facility as far as I can se.
In neooffice you have to move the mouse over an cell to view the inserted note. Another minus is that note's are either not displayed, or displayed at the bottom of the page or document, and not beside the actual cell like in Microsoft Word.

I hope there will come and patch/updated for neooffice for this.

Reguards
Christian Dillner Hagen
Glenner
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:21 am    Post subject:

You need to go to the context (right click) menu of an inserted note to make it permanently visible/printable. There is also an option to just display the placeholder of a note. Do a search in NeoWiki for more info on this.
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject:

FYI: since your post in NeoOffice Support was identical to this one and didn't get any answers yet, I deleted it. It's better to have a single topic for the same issue/request.
christdi
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject:

How do I do this ?
When I search Wiki and follow the description it doesnt show
the same menues as I have. When I right click there is no Show Comment/Note on my menu.

What do I do ?
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject:

The wiki article is available for spreadsheets (Calc documents). If you have inserted a note in a table of a Writer document, I don't think that you can print it. Crying or Very sad But I may be wrong.

Jacqueline
Luhmann
Red Pill

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject:

I am also unable to find such documentation in the wiki. Someone sent me a NeoOffice document with notes, but the only way I can see them is to do a mouse "hover" over the note. This is very annoying. I'd prefer just about any other way of displaying these notes, since I can't very well hover in one document and add the changes to another one. Instead I have to constantly move back and look at the note again...

And contrary to the above comments, there is no contextual menu option that appears for these notes - other than the usual contextual menu, but I don't see any note-related options in that menu.
Luhmann
Red Pill

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject:

UPDATE: There is an option in the writer "print options" dialog box to print the notes at "the end of the page" - although in practice I find it actually prints a blank page in-between pages with the notes. It also uses line numbers to tell you where the notes refer to, which is next to useless.

I really hope this feature can be significantly improved.
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject:

The current scope of the NeoOffice project is limited by resources to keeping a native version of OpenOffice.org running on Mac OS X. Improving OpenOffice.org features is outside that scope.

However, the OpenOffice.org project is working on an improved Notes functionality. More information about it can be found on this page in the ooo wiki. According to that page, the current goal is to have Notes2 (as it is being called) available, at least in part, in OOo 3.0 slated for release in April of 2008.

Lorinda
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1