Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - So, where is the spellchecker?!
So, where is the spellchecker?!

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fargo
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: So, where is the spellchecker?!

First of all, I'd like to say THANK YOU for making this great office bundle. Good job guys Cool

Secondly, I just upgraded to version 2.2.1 and lost spell checking feature! I've tried the Writer so far. The program does spell checking but it cannot detect misspelled words! When I choose Tools -> Spellcheck, the program asks me to continue checking from the beginning of document. If I choose Yes, it gives another message saying the checking is complete and returns to the document, as if there was no misspelled words, while in fact the documents is full of errors!

The checker does not work with English let alone external languages! I tested with sentinces such as: My nicknaame is FaRgO and my spellcheker is HaNgO Smile
mickeyinlalaland
Oracle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Does any information in this Trinity thread help?
fargo
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject:

mickeyinlalaland wrote:
Does any information in this Trinity thread help?
I checked that thread before starting this. It did not help Sad

Thank you.
mickeyinlalaland
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject:

New information has come to light; follow this new thread and see if you can get a resolution with the instructions in this link discussing when you have issues contacting Spellchecker in NeoOffice 2.2.1; when all other standard methods don't work.

mickeyinlalaland wrote:

(from the link I sent you to earlier)

Have you looked at the NeoWiki?
This section is on Activating Dictionaries and Configuring Spellcheck

This section is on Changing the Language of the User Interface

Also if you look to the left in the first column on this page; the third box down and fourth item is the NeoOffice User Guide

note The "Activating Dictionaries and Configuring Spellcheck" section has only just been updated to include the new information/link I've sent you to now - So you did not miss it the first time around!
fargo
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Oops! I deleted the cocoAspell.service file and now I have a new problem! NeoOffice Writer complains now with every single letter I type! It says it cannot connect to spell checker! I did not have this problem before. The original problem was that NeoOffice does not recognize misspelled words.

Coders may make have a look at Bean wordprocesser. It is one of the best program on Mac when it comes to spell checking and is opensource Smile

Thank you and I'm still searching for a solution Wink
schmoopy
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject:

I upgraded from v2.1 and I noticed that v2.2.1 didn't preserve my preferences. My spell checker wasn't working either.

I did a uninstall - I trashed both the NeoOffice-2.1 and 2.2 preference folders, and reinstalled. Now my spell checker works! I hadn't any special settings as far as my prefs go, but I noticed my 'recent files' menu was blank, and a macro I made was missing.
mickeyinlalaland
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject:

schmoopy - have a read through this Neowiki article salvaging settings from corrupt preferences
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1