· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - LOGO'S THAT PRINT PIXELATED
LOGO'S THAT PRINT PIXELATED

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RJBRAND

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject: LOGO'S THAT PRINT PIXELATED

I NEED SOME HELP.

I INSERT A HIGH RESOLUTION LOGO INTO A DOCUMENT, BUT WHEN PRINTED IT BECOMES PIXELATED. IN THE DOCUMENT ITSELF IT LOOKS GORGEOUS, BUT ONCE PRINTED ON PAPER IT LOOKS HORRIBLE. I HAVE UPDATED THE PRINTER DRIVER BUT IT STILL DOES NOT WANT TO COOPERATE WITH ME. DOES ANYONE HAVE FURTHER SUGGESTIONS?

IT SEEMS TO DO IT IN EVERY PROGRAM THAT I USE (INCLUDING OFFICE).

THANKS, RJBRAND
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:21 am    Post subject:

Off-hand I'd say it has something to do with your printer, actually. Try printing just the picture from preview (or your favorate graphics veiwer) and see if it prints high quality.

If it does, then i suspect it is an import problem with the word processors, but not one i've encountered.

-j

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject:

I think the problem is that your caps lock is broken.
RJBRAND

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:34 am    Post subject:

THE ONLY KIND OF LOGO THAT I CAN PRINT AND LOOK HALF WAY DESCENT IS "LINE ART." AT THAT, ONLY HALF THE LOGO PRINTED WELL. THERE ARE TWO WORDS TO THE LOGO. USING THE LINE ART LOGO, THE TOP PRINTED EXCELLENT, BUT THE BOTTOM WORD WHICH WAS THINNER AND SMALLER PRINTED PIXELATED. ALL OTHER FORMATS LIKE JPEG OR TIFF, FOR THAT MATTER EVEN EPS PRINT BADLY ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU IMPORT THEM.

WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT IMPORTING, I KNOW THAT TO BE A PROBLEM ALSO IN MY DESIGN PROGRAMS NOT JUST OFFICE. IF I IMPORT A LOGO IN, IT LOOKS BEYOND HORRIBLE. HOWEVER, IF I OPEN THE PICTURE SAY IN ILLUSTRATOR AND I USE ILLUSTRATOR FOR MY DESIGN PROGRAM THEN I CAN COPY THE LOGO INTO THE DOCUMENT AND IT WILL LOOK GREAT UNTIL I PRINT.

I HAVE A HP LASERJET 2200 SERIES. IF IT IS MY PRINTER, THEN WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX THIS INCONVENIENT PROBLEM?

THANKS, RJBRAND
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:24 am    Post subject:

ok, what it sounds like is that this logo, dimension-wise, is HUGE. when it is that big and shrunk to fit though most programs it looks bad. open it in illustrator and make it smaller and see if that helps.

-j
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1