· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - To Base and Back Again Updates
To Base and Back Again Updates

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject:

OK. I added the changes in the French pages. It seems that all works fine now Very Happy

Jacqueline
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject:

I've started working on a new page, thanks to an answer from the OOoforums Macro forum folks.

It is Adding a Button to Open Another Form

I have two questions in terms of the article (which is not yet finished)

1) Is there a way to keep the numbers reverting to 1 after the code without messing up the pre tags? I've tried adding :# in front of the pre tag, but that creates a box above the code, instead of around the code.

2) For the macro experts among us: Currently I am saving the macros necessary in a module in "My Macros." But I'm wondering if they should be saved instead in the document. In particular, I'm thinking about making this database available for download (hopefully by donating it to the OOo Templates/Samples page). It occurred to me after the fact that the macro probably needs to be imbedded in the document in this case. Is this right?

An aside to Jacquline and our other translators: I would suggest you not start translating this page until I get answers to these questions and post back that I've finished the article. If I need to change where the macro is stored, the instructions will change significantly, and there's no point in giving you more work.

Lorinda
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Lorinda wrote:
1) Is there a way to keep the numbers reverting to 1 after the code without messing up the pre tags? I've tried adding :# in front of the pre tag, but that creates a box above the code, instead of around the code.

Will the preBox template work there (as used here)?

Smokey

Agent Smith

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject:

Lorinda wrote:
An aside to Jacquline and our other translators: I would suggest you not start translating this page until I get answers to these questions and post back that I've finished the article. If I need to change where the macro is stored, the instructions will change significantly, and there's no point in giving you more work.

Lorinda

OK. I didn't yet translate the "Adjusting Form Properties", because you say that the directions don't work well.
I put the both on my "to-do" list.

I'm not a macro expert, but I know that the macros must be imbedded in the document. It's the way used for Dmaths.

I'll be mute for some hours (how many?), because my ADSL connexion is broken Crying or Very sad

Jacqueline
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:

Will the preBox template work there (as used here)?

Smokey

Thanks, Smokey. That works great. And I'm sure you've pointed me there before. Embarassed I went looking for that post, and found it. But once again I read too quickly and I found the wrong spot in the wiki.

I've been making lots of those mistakes lately. I'm either too tired, or working too fast, I guess.

Lorinda

Oh, and a warning to translators. I'm going to end up going back and making some significant changes to the Planning the Database on Paper and the Combo Box articles. I discovered a much better way to handle the whole combo box issue when working with the database one of our newer members sent me so I could help him sort out some filtering issues. Essentially we can get rid of most of the convenience tables. (I may leave State/Province in place) and base the combo boxes on the entries in the Locations table itself. I'll go into more detail on that in the wiki articlles. Not sure when I'll get to it, as I want to finish the form button one first.

I've also got to track down the problems with the Form Properties article....

It's sort of amusing. I was stalled out on the whole project for a while because I needed answers to some questions before I could go further. Now all of a sudden I have a whole batch of articles to write or revamp.

Lorinda
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject:

The Adding a Buton to a form article is done. And it works!

Lorinda
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Lorinda wrote:
It's sort of amusing. I was stalled out on the whole project for a while because I needed answers to some questions before I could go further. Now all of a sudden I have a whole batch of articles to write or revamp.

When it rains,ِ it pours Wink

Smokey

Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject:

I'm working on Using Tables and Queries as Datasources in Writer as part of the tutorial series.

It is turning out to be a very long article, so long I'm wondering if I should break it up. But I'm not sure the best way to do that. I'm open to suggestions....

Lorinda
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject:

I started to translate it yestersay evening. If in that process I've some ideas, I'll give you feedback.

But I agree with you, it should be cut in two (or more!).

Jacqueline
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:01 am    Post subject:

Just a point, Lorinda.

If you close, for some reason, the data toolbar, you can turn it on again, by clicking on the Data Sources icon in the Standard toolbar (the data source window disappears) and clicking it again. The data source window reopens and the data toolbar is visible. (except if your preferences folder is corrupted, of course).

Jacqueline
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:17 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the comment on the Data Table Toolbar. Mine disappeared. I thought I was imagining its existence until I saw a question about it in the oooforums. That's when I discovered that I had to pull my preferences to get it back.

Since I wasn't sure how I had lost it in the first place, I put in the warning about closing it. I didn't want to mess with renaming the registry folder and rebuilding what I would lose in the process to test my theory.

I'll take that part of the warning out.

I'll do some more pondering about how the article could be split. One issue is that the screenshot would be helpful for lots of the sections. But I could include it on more tha one page, or refer back to it.

Lorinda
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 am    Post subject:

I'm thinking about this split for the article:

I. The Data Source View in Writer (sections 1-5 of the current article)
II. Filtering and Sorting in the Data Source View (sections 6 & 7)
III. Using Fields from the Data Source View in Writer (sections 8 & 9)

Comments, suggestions, or alternatives are welcom.

Lorinda
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject:

That's Lorinda's sense of organization Very Happy

That looks fine.

Jacqueline
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject:

I ended up splitting the Filtering and Sorting, so currently there are four articles:

Using The Data Source View in Writer
Filtering in the Data Source View
Sorting in the Data Source View
Inserting Data from the Data Source View into a Writer Document

I may yet pull out the section on Editing Data (in the first article) to its own article.

I thought about doing that with the section on Forms in Writer (In the last document), but I haven't made up my mind yet. It's not that long a section.

All of the articles needs some touching up, and some still have significant sections that need to be written. Hopefully I'll get to both in the next few days. I've got sick kids at home today Sad , which may or may not interfere.

Lorinda
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject:

Lorinda wrote:
I've got sick kids at home today Sad

Lorinda

Sorry for your kids. I hope they will feel better very soon Smile

Jacqueline
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4