· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Italian thesaurus
Italian thesaurus

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicfab
Red Pill

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Italian thesaurus

Hello ! I have installed Neoffice on my macbook and I have also installed the Italian patch and the latest patch.
I would like to se the thesaurus features but it is not active. How can I do ?
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject:

Moved to NeoOffice Support.

The Italian language pack (I assume that's what you mean by "Italian patch") only contains user interface files (menus etc.). NeoOffice 2.2.1 uses the Mac OS X Italian dictionary so spellcheck should work (if/when the language of the document is set to Italian). However, you will have to install the Italian thesaurus with the dictionary wizard. Instructions are available on the Wiki.
nicfab
Red Pill

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:

The Italian language pack (I assume that's what you mean by "Italian patch") only contains user interface files (menus etc.). NeoOffice 2.2.1 uses the Mac OS X Italian dictionary so spellcheck should work (if/when the language of the document is set to Italian). However, you will have to install the Italian thesaurus with the dictionary wizard. Instructions are available on the Wiki.

First of all, thank you.
I have done what the Wiki istructions say but for me it's impossible to install the thesaurus. I would like only to install the thesaurus because I already use the italian dictionary. So I don't know now what I can do.
rays
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject:

When using the Dictionary installer wizard, you must be logged in to a user account which has Administrator privileges. The thesaurus cannot be installed from a standard user account.
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject:

If your concern is that you don't want to download the Italian dictionary, I think this will work:

When the DicOOo wizard window comes up with a "Retrieve List" button at the top, don't click that button, just click Next. The next screen is for hyphenation; if you want the hyphenation tool, click "Retrieve List" and select the hypenation tool, then click "Next." If not, just click "Next." The third screen is for the thesaurus.

I had no trouble downloading only the French thesaurus this way.

Lorinda
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject:

Lorinda, the Italian thesaurus isn't available through DicOOo online; instead, you have to download a package from the web and do an offilne install. This is explained on the Wiki's It:Attivare i dizionari e configurare il controllo ortografico page.
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject:

nicfab wrote:
Samwise wrote:

First of all, thank you.
I have done what the Wiki istructions say but for me it's impossible to install the thesaurus. I would like only to install the thesaurus because I already use the italian dictionary. So I don't know now what I can do.

nifcab, in NeoOffice 2.2.1, when a locale (such as Italian) has a Mac OS X dictionary, NeoOffice will use it even if there is an OOo dictionary for Italian. So even if you install the whole package (spellcheck, hyphenation and thesaurus dictionaries), NeoOffice will keep using the Mac OS X Italian spellcheck dictionary.
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:
Lorinda, the Italian thesaurus isn't available through DicOOo online; instead, you have to download a package from the web and do an offilne install. This is explained on the Wiki's It:Attivare i dizionari e configurare il controllo ortografico page.

Oops! Embarassed That's what I get for not knowing Italian! Wink
nicfab
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject:

rays wrote:
When using the Dictionary installer wizard, you must be logged in to a user account which has Administrator privileges. The thesaurus cannot be installed from a standard user account.

Ok. During the steps to set italian dictionary and thesaurus I receive an error message with the macro stop. The error say:
"Basic error runtime
Type:com.sun.star.packages.zip.ZipIOException
I can't do anything but only quit Neoffice.
I hope that the problem is clear now.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject:

nicfab wrote:
Ok. During the steps to set italian dictionary and thesaurus I receive an error message with the macro stop. The error say:
"Basic error runtime

When I run the wizard in NeoOffice 2.2.1, the thesaurus panel does not include any Italian thesaurus so there is no Italian thesaurus available for download as apparently no volunteers have created one.

Since you are downloading something, I assume you have selected Italian in the spellchecker panel. This panel only contains spellcheckers and since NeoOffice 2.2.1 already uses the native Mac OS X Italian spellchecker, downloading it through the wizard won't add any functionality for you.

Patrick
nicfab
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
nicfab wrote:
"Basic error runtime

When I run the wizard in NeoOffice 2.2.1, the thesaurus panel does not include any Italian thesaurus so there is no Italian thesaurus available for download as apparently no volunteers have created one.

Since you are downloading something, I assume you have selected Italian in the spellchecker panel. This panel only contains spellcheckers and since NeoOffice 2.2.1 already uses the native Mac OS X Italian spellchecker, downloading it through the wizard won't add any functionality for you.

Patrick

Thank you very much. I'm waiting for the italian thesaurus.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject:

nicfab wrote:

I found the following link which might be helpful:

http://it.openoffice.org/linguistico/thesaurus.html

It appears that you must use some manual steps to install their thesaurus, but hopefully it should work.

Patrick
nicfab
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
nicfab wrote:

I found the following link which might be helpful:

http://it.openoffice.org/linguistico/thesaurus.html

It appears that you must use some manual steps to install their thesaurus, but hopefully it should work.

Patrick

Ok. I have added the italian tesaurus. It's a very short time since I have purchased a mac, but I have solved the problem. I have used Onix to see the hidden files and so I have copyed the italian thesaurus files in the right directory. Thak you.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1