Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Thank you!
Thank you!

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Thank you!

I just recently switched to OS X after having spent the last two years on Mandrake. I'm in the middle of writing a book and wanted a word processor for the Mac. I really didn't want to buy M$ products because I didn't want to get caught in a proprietary vice-grip. So I checked out Abiword, Mariner Write, Mellel, Nisus Writer Express and Ragtime Solo. Unfortunately none of them are really industrial strength enough to meet my needs.

What I wanted was OO.o but when I installed it on OS X between the fonts and it's complete inconsistency with the Mac world I was in a lot of pain. Then I found NeoOffice/J. It was like a birthday present! In fact, if it just had support for mouse scrolling it would be so good that I really wouldn't even need to think about anything else.

But in any case I wanted to say thank you. You really made my transition from Linux to Mac a whole lot easier!

Thanks Again,
Yaron

P.S. I have been using NeoOffice only for a few days now so if there are any serious reliability problems I haven't run up against them yet. I did see some mildly strange table sizing behavior but nothing any odder then the sort of thing I would see in Open Office generally.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Irony

Of course I do appreciate the irony that just after posting my thank you NeoOffice/J crashed for no apparent reason. Oh well, y'all did very clearly say that it was experimental software.
Yaron
lga

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:46 am    Post subject:

While installing / updating some software in the last few days, it seems that an installer removed the /tmp link, which caused Neo/J to crash at startup (and a lot of other apps of course), So I woul just check that /tmp is still a link to /private/tmp just in case.

Lga.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1