Sync Yahoo Calendar

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Ranting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Sync Yahoo Calendar

ARG!

ok, so i have a windows smartphone. actually it kinda rocks, except for the fact i can't sync with my mac. (yes i know about markspace)

but! never fear! there is yahoo go! and it let me sync my address book, my calendars, my tasks, even my pictures with yahoo. it rocked.

then yahoo 2.0 came out. it sucks. slow, and does not sync calendars.

now, today i find out that yahoo sync is built into leapard!! woot!... except looks like it is just your address book, not your calendar.

am i the last freakin' guy on the planet who wants this feature?

/ARG!
rays
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:12 am    Post subject:

Ummm.....

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/macuser/news/129953/experts-tell-yahoo-to-sell-up.html

Twisted Evil

jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:27 am    Post subject:

i've been a yahoo user since 96. mail user since almost day one. they had a human indexed search engine that actually gave results years before google existed.

now, i love google. but so far yahoo is kicking google's ass in the realm of mobile web. they have some great services like flickr and their new email set up.

and lets not forget which is found on the iphone. since, as i have learned reading the internet, the iphone was delivered from heaven by chuck norris himself, then it must be good.

i am sure this post has a point.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject:

jakeOSX wrote:
and lets not forget which is found on the iphone. since, as i have learned reading the internet, the iphone was delivered from heaven by chuck norris himself, then it must be good.

The iPhone does not have the kick that can shatter bones Smile

Yahoo Mail on the iPhone is supposed to be a push mail client, but I haven't used the mail client myself. I believe yahoo also supplies the stock and weather information since their icon is in the corner of the display. I'm not sure, but I'd expect the providers to be the same when deployed in other countries as well.

ed
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject:

well now that the iphone is open to third party software it may actually be useful Wink

and i really didn't want to go to AT&T. maybe i'll get a touch to hold me over.
rays
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject:

Or buy iPhone in France soon...

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/macuser/news/131033/apple-to-sell-unlocked-iphone-in-france.html

OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject:

From the sites I've been reading there may be a dual sale kind of thing where there's a cheaper locked and a more expensive unlocked. I think that'll be very effective over in Europe. The big problem in the US is just the lack of carriers using GSM. Cingular and TMobile come to mind; IIRC they gobbled up the other carriers using GSM (VoiceStream, original ATT Wireless). I don't think any other carriers use GSM but may be wrong (alltel might have some towers?)

Reminds me of the NTSC/PAL wars, metric/English units, etc. The US just has a fetish for inventing its own ways and then crying foul when others do that (e.g. China).

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Ranting All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1