NeoOffice :: View topic - Installation Notes
Installation Notes

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Installation Notes

All,
Here's some notes from my experience.

On my first install experience, I had an up to date copy of Fink installed, and a copy of Apple's X11 server. During the install process where you select from "Typical" or "Custom", there was only one entry listed in the box, OpenOffice. I got through most of the install, until the install hung on convert_lucinda.sh (see earlier post). When I force quit the install I could start and run OpenOffice, but it wouldn't save, and would crash fairly quickly.

I reinstalled OS X 10.3 (clean install), applied all the updates, installed Apple's X11 server and then reinstalled OpenOffice. This time at the place where you select from "Typical" or "Custom" I was given four things to install in the "Typical", the were (if I remember correctly): OpenOffice, Fondu, dylib(??), ghostscript(??). Once all the above were installed, I seem to be able to run OOo.

I don't have the time to test this, but I'm guessing (really just guessing) that having Fink installed for some reason prevented OOo from installing and running.

If you're having problems and you have Fink installed, try removing Fink and it's related, and installing OOo. Then report in how it went.
Hopefully this will save someone some trouble.
Chris
Ross

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: convert_lucida.sh

I removed fink according to the FAQ on fink's website, but the installer seems to get stuck (still) with 'conver_lucida.sh'

I am using Tiger 10.4 and trying to install OOo1.1.2 for X11 and using X11 that came with Tiger.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: convert_lucida.sh

Ross wrote:
I removed fink according to the FAQ on fink's website, but the installer seems to get stuck (still) with 'conver_lucida.sh'

I am using Tiger 10.4 and trying to install OOo1.1.2 for X11 and using X11 that came with Tiger.

See the FAQ entry on the subject.

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1