NeoOffice :: View topic - N.O.2.2.2 Printing Problems
N.O.2.2.2 Printing Problems

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xja
Operator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject:

Hello,
I have a problem printing but, as I read the bugzilla page, I think my problem is not this bug.
Using NeoO 2.2.2 patch3 under OS 10.4.11 images and graphs doesn't print correctly.
I printed a document containing a small colour image using a Canon MP 180 printer with medium quality output, and it doesn't appear in the print, only some vertical strips.
Another document contained a greyscale image that doesn't look very well in the print, same printer but lower quality, some details are missing.
The same document contained some colour images, graphics imported from excel, only the black lines appear in the print.
The last one contained a calc graphic with coloured bullets and lines, only the black contours appear in the print, no coloured grids nor coloured lines.
The pdf output, using quartz, is perfect, I never used the NeoO's pdf export option.

Thanks
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject:

xja wrote:
Hello,
I have a problem printing but, as I read the bugzilla page, I think my problem is not this bug.
Using NeoO 2.2.2 patch3 under OS 10.4.11 images and graphs doesn't print correctly.
I printed a document containing a small colour image using a Canon MP 180 printer with medium quality output, and it doesn't appear in the print, only some vertical strips.
Another document contained a greyscale image that doesn't look very well in the print, same printer but lower quality, some details are missing.
The same document contained some colour images, graphics imported from excel, only the black lines appear in the print.
The last one contained a calc graphic with coloured bullets and lines, only the black contours appear in the print, no coloured grids nor coloured lines.
The pdf output, using quartz, is perfect, I never used the NeoO's pdf export option.

What happens when you press the Preview button in the print dialog instead of the Print button and then print from the Preview application? Does the same problem occur?

If so, then most likely your printer driver has a bug in its handling of certain PDF features. NeoOffice sends the same PDF data to Preview and the printer so if Preview can display it but the printer cannot handle it, check if Canon has released an updated printer driver for their printer.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Can you also try the test patch in bug 2788 and see if fixes your printing problem?

Patrick
xja
Operator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Hi,
the preview output is ok, I'm downloading the updated driver now.
If the new driver doesn't work I'll try the patch.
The patch affects only Leopard? I'm using OS 10.4.11

Thanks.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject:

xja wrote:
Hi,
the preview output is ok, I'm downloading the updated driver now.
If the new driver doesn't work I'll try the patch.
The patch affects only Leopard? I'm using OS 10.4.11

Thanks.

The patch has new code that affects all Mac OS X versions.

Patrick
OneForMac
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: neooffice 2.2.2 printing blanks

Hi everyone,

I don't know if this is of any help, but I was able to isolate the problem to the Java version used: if you switch to 1.4.2 you can print successfully; any other version produces blank pages.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

P.S. You can change the Java version used under the preferences menu in NeoOffice.
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: neooffice 2.2.2 printing blanks

OneForMac wrote:
Hi everyone,

I don't know if this is of any help, but I was able to isolate the problem to the Java version used: if you switch to 1.4.2 you can print successfully; any other version produces blank pages.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

P.S. You can change the Java version used under the preferences menu in NeoOffice.

Are you using Java 1.4.2_16 or an earlier (1.4.2_xx) version?
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: neooffice 2.2.2 printing blanks

OneForMac wrote:
Hi everyone,

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Most likely, you have the same problem that another user had. That user reported that "I have been running Java 5 for a long time but I've had a update for 1.4 that I've never done (since I use 5). That update has apparently blocked the updates for newer version ov Java 5 so after I updated the Java 1.4 version I also got updates for Java 5 to do and then everything worked fine."

If you are running Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger), I would recommend that you manually download and install Apple's Java system update from here:

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/javaformacosx104release5.html

After manually installing this system update, does printing work with Java 1.5?

Patrick
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject:

We should probably modify the text on the Troubleshooting page that talks about "updating Java" to specifically say "update all Java versions, as an update for Java 1.4.2 may prevent an update for Java 1.5 from appearing in Software Update" or something to that effect.

Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
We should probably modify the text on the Troubleshooting page that talks about "updating Java" to specifically say "update all Java versions, as an update for Java 1.4.2 may prevent an update for Java 1.5 from appearing in Software Update" or something to that effect.

I would recommend adding my link as that seems to be the most sure way to upgrade Java to the latest from Apple.

Patrick
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
sardisson wrote:

I would recommend adding my link as that seems to be the most sure way to upgrade Java to the latest from Apple.

Patrick

And the most unsuccessful, I you haven't installed this update:

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/java131and142release2.html

None of the Java 5 releases for Tiger will install if you don't install this update first.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2