NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice document and Quick Look
NeoOffice document and Quick Look

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
valterb
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject:

Transparent background is now fixed for me. Files that were previewed with transparent background are not seen correctly in QuickLook.

This bugfix has also resolved both other NeoOffice Writer and Calc files view using QuickLook, but not Master Documents.

In Calc document, if you have inserted a comment/note in a cell (yellow rectangle with a note), I think that it's possible to see them in Quick Look. Infact in QL that cell is marked with a red page simbol and if you click that red shape in the left part of the cell a new window is opened insede QL window. The problem is that window is completely black and not readable.

Valter
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject:

valterb wrote:
Transparent background is now fixed for me. Files that were previewed with transparent background are not seen correctly in QuickLook.

I assume you meant to say "now seen correctly" instead of "not seen correctly". Let me know if my assumption is wrong.

valterb wrote:
This bugfix has also resolved both other NeoOffice Writer and Calc files view using QuickLook, but not Master Documents.

I added support for Master and Formula documents last night. They will be in my next patch.

valterb wrote:
In Calc document, if you have inserted a comment/note in a cell (yellow rectangle with a note), I think that it's possible to see them in Quick Look. Infact in QL that cell is marked with a red page simbol and if you click that red shape in the left part of the cell a new window is opened insede QL window. The problem is that window is completely black and not readable.

This must be some weird, undocumented QL behavior as we only pass the PDF file that is embedded within your document file. The PDF is the same a PDF generated by using File :: Export As PDF and saving only the first page. What happens when you do that and open the PDF in the Preview application? Does it have the same issue?

Patrick
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:

valterb wrote:

This must be some weird, undocumented QL behavior as we only pass the PDF file that is embedded within your document file. The PDF is the same a PDF generated by using File :: Export As PDF and saving only the first page. What happens when you do that and open the PDF in the Preview application? Does it have the same issue?

Patrick

For me the window that opens is readable, but the note is not: it's a little red rectangle with black thick lines in place of the text.

I see the same problem in Preview the note is a white (not red) rectangle with black thick lines.

Jacqueline
valterb
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
valterb wrote:

I assume you meant to say "now seen correctly" instead of "not seen correctly". Let me know if my assumption is wrong.

Yes I did some mess here Embarassed
The fact is that sometime I confuse two terms: Cover Flow and Quick Look.
So this is what I see.

As you can see in Cover Flow I have transparent background (but I have to say that I have several replica of this file, and in some directories Cover Flow shows it with white background). Quick Look shows content of the file but not as we expect.

pluby wrote:
valterb wrote:

Patrick

This is what I see. First is QL window as you right click the icon and choose QL. You see red page icons where I put a note.

What follow is what I see in QL window if I click on one of that red icons.

Last is the file I genereted using File->Export as PDF

Valter

P.S. tell me if I have to reduce or cancel pictures within this post.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject:

valterb wrote:
Yes I did some mess here Embarassed
The fact is that sometime I confuse two terms: Cover Flow and Quick Look.
So this is what I see.

You need to reboot. Cover Flow does not refresh the display for a file once it is generated until the next reboot. This is new files work OK.

As for the Calc notes problem. I found the cause and it is a bug in my NeoOffice code. My next test patch will have a fix for this, but you won't get the fix until you resave a document.

Patrick
valterb
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject:

It's excellent to hear these news. You are always very efficient. Wink

Thanks a lot.

Valter
valterb
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject:

Test patch n° 4 works showing correctly Master Documents in both Cover Flow and Quick Look.

I see you have also fixed "problem" for Calc note in QL, but I had to re-save the file (as you say).

Valter

Last edited by valterb on Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:52 am; edited 1 time in total
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject:

It's OK for math formulas too.

Thanks Patrick Very Happy

Jacqueline
Waluigi
Sentinel

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject:

I've read the entire thread, but I'm not sure if I got it right:
Is there a way to navigate ODP presentations with QuickLook as it is possible with ppt?
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject:

Waluigi wrote:
I've read the entire thread, but I'm not sure if I got it right:
Is there a way to navigate ODP presentations with QuickLook as it is possible with ppt?

Nope. NeoOffice's Quick Look viewer is only available to display the first page of your document. Our Quick Look plugin was not designed to be a full document viewer so to view the entire document, you will need to open the document in NeoOffice.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2