Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Configure Error under Leopard. XOpenDisplay in -lX11... no
Configure Error under Leopard. XOpenDisplay in -lX11... no

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slickgoonie
Red Pill

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Configure Error under Leopard. XOpenDisplay in -lX11... no

I Have installed the x11sdk and x11user pkg that comes in the Leopard DVD.

ecking for X... no
checking whether to use Xaw... yes
checking X11/Xaw/Label.h usability... yes
checking X11/Xaw/Label.h presence... yes
checking for X11/Xaw/Label.h... yes
checking for XOpenDisplay in -lX11... no
configure: error: X Development libraries not found

Any tips?

Thanks.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Are you trying to install RetroOffice? The NeoOffice installer doesn't do any check for X11 libraries.

Patrick
slickgoonie
Red Pill

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Sorry I didn't explain myself well enough, Im actually trying to build neooffice from scratch following the instruccions from the website.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Wait a minute. I understand what you are doing. You are trying to compile NeoOffice on Mac OS X 10.5, right? If so, it won't work. Per the neojava/README file in your CVS checkout: "At this time, the NeoOffice build only supports building on Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)."

The NeoOffice is designed to build on Mac OS X 10.4.x so that it is runnable on 10.3.9 so it will likely be unbuildable on 10.5.x for as long as we continue to release versions that support 10.3.9.

Patrick
slickgoonie
Red Pill

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, I also started a kick for 10.4 but it gets stucked in can't find gcp, I undestand thats part of darwing ports, but I dont seem to have it installed and I dont know how to get it installed or where to get it from, any ideas?

Thanks.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject:

slickgoonie wrote:
Thanks, I also started a kick for 10.4 but it gets stucked in can't find gcp, I undestand thats part of darwing ports, but I dont seem to have it installed and I dont know how to get it installed or where to get it from, any ideas?

Did you read the neojava/README file? There are very explicit details of what dependencies are required and what you must do to install those dependecies in that file.

Patrick
slickgoonie
Red Pill

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for your reply, now I'm stucked here:

cd "build/moz/download" ; curl -O "ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/releases/mozilla1.7.5/source/mozilla-source-1.7.5.tar.gz"
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 36.9M 100 36.9M 0 0 8745 0 1:13:47 1:13:47 --:--:-- 0

It downloads the moz tarball but it doesn't do anything after that, it just stays there...
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
The NeoOffice is designed to build on Mac OS X 10.4.x so that it is runnable on 10.3.9 so it will likely be unbuildable on 10.5.x for as long as we continue to release versions that support 10.3.9.

This is a dumb question, I'm sure, but is the OOo code (and/or the many myriad of external dependencies) incapable of building against the Mac OS X $(VERSION) SDKs?

Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
pluby wrote:

This is a dumb question, I'm sure, but is the OOo code (and/or the many myriad of external dependencies) incapable of building against the Mac OS X $(VERSION) SDKs?

I had tried using this approach for building on 10.4.x with 10.3.9 support. In short, it didn't work and it proved very difficult to chase down which code had a problem with this approach.

Patrick
slickgoonie
Red Pill

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject:

Hey guys, any idea why my build gets stucked after downloading the mozilla dependencies?

Thanks.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject:

No idea. As you can see from the build output, the build is merely running the cURL command to download the Mozilla source code. You might want to manually run the cURL command in a Terminal to verify that cURL is actually connecting to the Mozilla's site and then start your troubleshoot there.

Patrick
slickgoonie
Red Pill

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject:

Yeah I've done that, and I even have untar the file myself, but if i run make again, then it starts doing curl again, any way to bypass this step and go up the next?

thanks,
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
sardisson wrote:
pluby wrote:

I had tried using this approach for building on 10.4.x with 10.3.9 support. In short, it didn't work and it proved very difficult to chase down which code had a problem with this approach.

Thanks, Patrick. I figured that must have been the case, but I couldn't recall you mentioning trying SDKs and finding problems (or if you did, I've forgotten already Sad )

Smokey

Red Pill

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Ok, so here is where I am now...

/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make[3]: *** [libxlibxtbin.dylib] Error 1
make[2]: *** [tier_9] Error 2
make[1]: *** [default] Error 2
dmake: Error code 2, while making './unxmacxi.pro/misc/build/so_built_ooo_mozab

Any ideas?
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject:

So I don't know if this has anything to do with the errors that you are seeing, but last night Ed found that serveral ooo-build URLs changed recently and so several curl commands in the makefile were downloading garbage.

I fixed the makefile so that curl properly downloads the ooo-build files so you may want to try a clean build from a new checkout from the HEAD branch (cvs co -rHEAD).

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2