Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Permanently Enable Macros in a Particular Document
Permanently Enable Macros in a Particular Document

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Permanently Enable Macros in a Particular Document

As I was working on my birding database project, I assigned a macro to a button on one of my forms. Since I plan to make the database availalbe to others, I stored the macro in the document.

Now every time I open that form, I'm asked if I want to enable macros. I haven't been able to figure out how avoid this dialog.

I tried adding the path for the folder in which the odb file is located to the "trusted sources" list, but that hasn't fixed it.

My current security level is Medium. I don't want to drop it to to Low.

I might be willing to move it up to High if someone could tell me how to sign macros.

Lorinda
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Permanently Enable Macros in a Particular Document

Lorinda wrote:
Now every time I open that form, I'm asked if I want to enable macros. I haven't been able to figure out how avoid this dialog.

I am not sure that you can. OOo doesn't wait until a macro starts executing to ask the user if the want to enable macros but, instead, warns people before any macro execution has the possibility of executing.

Patrick
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject:

The settings in NeoOffice>Preferences>NeoOffice>Security>Macro Security seem to imply that confirmation can be avoided in some cases. And I didn't get this warning when the macros were stored in MyMacros in my preferences folder. But it wouldn't be the first time that OOo code didn't work the way the settings imply. Wink Or maybe I'm just reading it wrong.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Well, the key difference is that a standalone macro can only be executed on way: by explicitly opening and executing it. In contrast, embedding macros in documents can profoundly affect how they are rendered and/or behavior depending on the user's security level. This is probably why the OOo engineers put a lot more warnings for embedded macros than for standalone.

Patrick
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject:

Thanks to a post in the new OpenOffice.org Community Forum, I now know that the behavior I am seeing is a Issue 73705: macros in embedded forms always trigger the warning, even if the odb file containing the form is in a trusted directory. It is slated to be fixed in 2.4.

Just thought I'd mention it for future searchers.

Lorinda
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1