narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject:

hilde wrote:
I forgot to translate 'and'.
So the translation has to be:

en verwijdert de recente wijzigingen i.v.m. Aziatische tekstinvoer en layout

Hilde -
Thank you for providing the Dutch translation. I have added it to the NeoOffice webpage. Please let me know if there are any issues.

--fran
Waluigi
Sentinel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: German translation

I just noticed some mistakes in the German localization, the connection of words is done poorly ("Versions Update" -> Versionsupdate ; "NeoOffice Version -> NeoOffice-Version). If I knew how, I'd help to correct it, otherwhise I hope some developer is going to check the overall translation, there are more mistakes to be found for sure.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: German translation

Waluigi wrote:
I just noticed some mistakes in the German localization, the connection of words is done poorly ("Versions Update" -> Versionsupdate ; "NeoOffice Version -> NeoOffice-Version). If I knew how, I'd help to correct it, otherwhise I hope some developer is going to check the overall translation, there are more mistakes to be found for sure.

Can you tell us what the corrections should be? Neither Ed nor I speak German so unless someone like yourself tells us exactly what needs to be changed, any incorrect translations made by the original translators will get included without modification.

Edit: I cannot find the strings that Waluigi mentions on our website so I assume that the strings are in the German language pack. If my assumption is correct, I am confused as to why the localizations would be incorrect as the OpenOffice.org developers who did the localizations are all native Germans. Maybe these are merely regional differences similar to what occur in Canadian and American English?

Patrick
Waluigi
Sentinel

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Hi, sorry for the late reply. My post was referring to the "there is a new update" notification dialog, I can't check right now if the mistakes are still there in NeoOffice 3.
Unfortunately today being a native German no longer means mastering the language well. Countless adults commit mistakes because they don't know better and don't care that much. I'm referring pricipally to written German here...

I just discovered the great dual-screen presentation feature in NeoOffice 3, but found that it is entirely in English. Can the language packs handle this or is it some sort of extension that cannot be localized?
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Waluigi wrote:
Hi, sorry for the late reply. My post was referring to the "there is a new update" notification dialog, I can't check right now if the mistakes are still there in NeoOffice 3.
Unfortunately today being a native German no longer means mastering the language well. Countless adults commit mistakes because they don't know better and don't care that much. I'm referring pricipally to written German here...

I just discovered the great dual-screen presentation feature in NeoOffice 3, but found that it is entirely in English. Can the language packs handle this or is it some sort of extension that cannot be localized?

All of these NeoOffice screens use the whatever German translations are provided by the NeoOffice German language pack and the German language pack translations are obtained directly from NeoOffice's underlying OpenOffice.org code.

What you may find interesting is that all of the German translations in the OpenOffice.org code that NeoOffice uses are written by Sun Microsystems' OpenOffice.org engineers who are all located in Hamburg, Germany and, IIRC, are native German speakers.

Since we obtain the translations for these screens from the OpenOffice.org code, if NeoOffice 3.0 still has incorrect or missing German translations in those screens, OpenOffice.org will need to fix them in their code in order to fix them in NeoOffice.

Unfortunately, our very limited funding and developer resources limits the current scope of the NeoOffice project to keeping a native version of OpenOffice.org running on Mac OS X and fixing OpenOffice.org bugs is outside that scope.

You can file a bug in the OpenOffice.org issue tracker to get it on the radar of the core OpenOffice.org developers and if they change the error message, the new behavior will get included in a future release of NeoOffice:

http://qa.openoffice.org/issue_handling/pre_submission.html

Note : our advice is to not mention NeoOffice as mentioning NeoOffice may cause OOo volunteers to accidentally close it without actually reviewing your bug.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2