Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Feature request - up/down arrow navigation to line start/end
Feature request - up/down arrow navigation to line start/end

NeoOffice Forum Index -> New Features Program
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwphoto
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Feature request - up/down arrow navigation to line start/end

Pretty simple. When I'm typing and editing, it's so much easier to just press the up/down arrows to navigate to the beginning or end of that specific line of text.

Is there a way to do this without having to press and hold the arrow keys or use the mouse for faster navigation?

Thanks!
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Although it doesn't help you right now, NeoOffice 3.0 will have a feature to use the Control-A and Control-E key combinations to navigate to the beginning and end of the current line.

The NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access Program is currently in progress. If you are not a NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access Program member, you will be able to download NeoOffice 3.0 on March 31, 2009 for all users.

--fran
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject:

narf wrote:
Although it doesn't help you right now, NeoOffice 3.0 will have a feature to use the Control-A and Control-E key combinations to navigate to the beginning and end of the current line.

--fran

Hi Fran

I have been playing around with this feature since your post, but Control-E seems to go to the end of the para., and Control-A to the beginning of the para? ... Aha! Having checked the User Guide, I have now reminded myself Embarassed that end of line and beginning of line is reached via the "end" and "home" keys respectively.
Regards
Peter
narf
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Ahh yes. Thank you Peter. I do not know what my thought process was Embarassed

I have also been dipping into the User Guide to find answers to a number of my questions. Thank you for that document.

--fran
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject:

narf wrote:

To add onto this, starting with NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access, we have implemented support for most Mac OS X "key bindings". Key bindings are standard key shortcuts for common text edit actions like "move to beginning of paragraph" or "move to end of document".

A list of common Mac OS X key bindings is here. Note that not all possible key bindings are supported and only those that OpenOffice.org 3.0 supports are supported in NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access:

http://www.hcs.harvard.edu/~jrus/Site/System%20Bindings.html

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> New Features Program All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1