Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Calc - Select all worksheets bug or PEBKAC.?
Calc - Select all worksheets bug or PEBKAC.?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pipincan
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Calc - Select all worksheets bug or PEBKAC.?

I don't know whether this is a bug or NeoOffice doesn't do what I expect it to do.

I have a spreadsheet in .xls format with nine worksheets. I right-click on a worksheet tab and "Select All Sheets" to highlight all of the worksheets. I then proceed to change the border for the header row of all the worksheets.

However when I go to click on another worksheet tab, all of the worksheets are still highlighted. I know in Excel that this action deselects all the worksheets apart from the selected sheet, and I would have expected NeoOffice to do the same.

Even if I save the spreadsheet, quit / restart NeoOffice and reload the spreadsheet, all the worksheets are still highlighted. The only way I've found to resolve the issue is to insert one new worksheet. This then clears all the highlighted worksheets. I then delete the newly inserted worksheet and carry on working.
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject:

I've found that you can deselect the sheets again by shift-clicking on one of the sheet tabs - or deselect an individual sheet by cmd-clicking the sheet tab. The Select All Sheets function does something different from what you're expecting it to do - the Help says:

"Copying to Multiple Sheets
In NeoOffice Calc, you can insert values, text or formulae that are simultaneously copied to other selected sheets of your document.
Select all desired sheets by holding down the Shift or Ctrl [this should be Cmd in NeoOffice] key and clicking the corresponding register tabs that are still grey at the bottom margin of the workspace. All selected register tabs are now white.
You can use Shift+Ctrl+Page Up or Page Down [this should be Cmd+shift+PageUp/Down in NeoOffice] to select multiple sheets using the keyboard.
Now when you insert values, text or formulae into the sheets, they will also appear in the identical positions in the other selected sheets."

The [bits in brackets] are mine.

An irritating shortcoming of OpenOffice, on which NeoOffice is based,compared to Excel, is you can't set things like borders and page orientation for each individual sheet. So you don't need to select multiple sheets to do what you were doing - any change you make to borders etcc. will affect all sheets.

- padmavyuha
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1