Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Themes - Strange Error
Themes - Strange Error

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DocDoc

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Themes - Strange Error

OSX 10.2 Installed XDARWIN 1.2.0 which runs fine. When I installed OROBOROSX 0.9 and launch it, I get this error:
No Themes found in the Themes folder!
This may be due to a strange error, or else there may actually be no themes in the themes folder: check your Themes folder.

There are themes in the ORO themes folder however I can't drag the new EAU theme to it. ORO won't start. After I say OK to error:

Something went wrong with the chosen theme! QUIT is the only choice.
Any one out there experiencing the same thing?

DOCDoc
Terry Teague

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Themes - Strange Error

DocDoc wrote:
OSX 10.2 Installed XDARWIN 1.2.0 which runs fine. When I installed OROBOROSX 0.9 and launch it, I get this error:
No Themes found in the Themes folder!
This may be due to a strange error, or else there may actually be no themes in the themes folder: check your Themes folder.

There are themes in the ORO themes folder however I can't drag the new EAU theme to it. ORO won't start. After I say OK to error:

Something went wrong with the chosen theme! QUIT is the only choice.
Any one out there experiencing the same thing?

DOCDoc

You made no mention of OpenOffice.org anywhere - did you use an OpenOffice.org installer to install pieces like XDarwin, OroborOSX, or have simply manully installed pieces of X11, and haven't actually got to installing OpenOffice.org yet? Your answer may make a difference - we need to know a lot more about what you had installed (and what you had run) before you installed OroborOSX v0.90.

I pretty much have the combination of versions of Mac OS X, XDarwin, OroborOSX you specified, and I have no problems with OroborOSX (any version) and themes - then again, I probably use the default theme. I have multiple versions of OroborOSX installed, and v0.90 automatically renamed old themes folders etc. I have "New Eau" as one of the installed themes.

Your problem sounds like a permissions problem. You will have to provide more information and possibly do some troubleshooting before we can help further.

Regards, Terry
lenny

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject:

I got the same error and solved it by navigating to ~/Library/Preferences/OroborOSX/ and changing the owner of that folder and it's contents to my user. I had one more error when I opened it the first time, but on subsequent times, it was fine.

I installed all the stuff with openoffice 1.1.2 for mac os x except OroborOSX which wasn't installed with the installer so I downloaded v0.9

I wouldn't have resurfaced such an old thread on a forum I've never used, but when I googled the error message this was the one and only page that came up.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1