Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Leave shadow topic in old forum didn't work
Leave shadow topic in old forum didn't work

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Leave shadow topic in old forum didn't work

I just moved a topic from New Features Program to NeoOffice Support, and selected the Leave shadow topic in old forum option, which leaves a topic in the original forum (and adds Moved: to that shadow topic's title).

I always do that when moving topics as it helps the original poster find his topic, rather than think it's been deleted.

But when I did that today, no shadow topic was created in the New Features Program forum, so I had to move it back to New Features Program (shadow topic was created that time), and to NeoOfice Support again (shadow topic was again successfully created).

As a result, there are now two topics in NeoOffice Support: the actual topic, and a shadow topic; there is also a shadow topic in New Features Program (which is what was originally intended - but didn't work the first time).

I'm 100% sure that the option was selected the first time I moved the topic (it is selected by default, and I did see the blue checkbox). Does someone know what could have happened, and can someone clean up my mess (unnecessary shadow topic in NeoOffice Support; there should only be a shadow topic in New Features Program and the actual topic in NeoOffice Support)?
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Leave shadow topic in old forum didn't work

Samwise wrote:
can someone clean up my mess (unnecessary shadow topic in NeoOffice Support; there should only be a shadow topic in New Features Program and the actual topic in NeoOffice Support)?

Note that deleting the shadow topics (at least through the normal moderator interface) will delete the actual topic as well. Fixing this will probably require editing the database manually Sad

Smokey

Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Leave shadow topic in old forum didn't work

sardisson wrote:
Samwise wrote:
can someone clean up my mess (unnecessary shadow topic in NeoOffice Support; there should only be a shadow topic in New Features Program and the actual topic in NeoOffice Support)?

Note that deleting the shadow topics (at least through the normal moderator interface) will delete the actual topic as well. Fixing this will probably require editing the database manually Sad

Smokey

I suspected that; otherwise I'd have attempted to do it myself Wink
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Leave shadow topic in old forum didn't work

Samwise wrote:
I suspected that; otherwise I'd have attempted to do it myself Wink

Luckily that means only one of us is speaking from experience Wink

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1