· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - How to uninstall 1.1.x
How to uninstall 1.1.x

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: How to uninstall 1.1.x

How do I manually uninstall 1.1.x (remove the OpenOffice.org installation directiory and .sversionrc file)? I don't see the answer in other postings and the Mac book doesn't seem to cover it.
Terry Teague

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: How to uninstall 1.1.x

Anonymous wrote:
How do I manually uninstall 1.1.x (remove the OpenOffice.org installation directiory and .sversionrc file)? I don't see the answer in other postings and the Mac book doesn't seem to cover it.

It depends a bit on what version of OpenOffice.org (OOo) you are trying to get rid of, what version of Mac OS X is being used, and "how much" of the installation you are trying to get rid of.

For unsupported OOo 1.1.0, 1.1.1 and TechPreview versions, you are sort of on your own, but the following information should be helpful. Stuff could also be installed in your home directory or in your Preferences folder.

While there is an UnInstaller, I personally always just manually remove stuff.

For supported OOo 1.1.2 versions, you can always open up the "OpenOffice.org_1.1.2_InstallLog.log" document that is created (usually in the OOo installation folder) to see where things are installed; drag the OOo installation folder to the Trash, and empty the Trash. From a Terminal window, enter the following command :

rm ~/.sversionrc

if you want to remove the "Start OpenOffice.org" preferences, from a Terminal window, enter the following command :

rm ~/Library/Preferences/org.OpenOffice.Start.plist

(and ignore any errors about the files not being found if they don't exist).

What is not easily uninstalled are extras needed by OpenOffice.org, particularly for Mac OS X 10.2.x (Jaguar) - things like "fondu", the X11 X Windows system and X Windows window managers, the Ghostscript printing system, and the "dlcompat" libraries. Unless you have a good reason to remove these, you should probably leave them alone. Otherwise indicate which specific pieces you are trying to remove, and we will try to help.

Regards, Terry
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1