Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - installation script infinite loop (2.2.3 patch 5)
installation script infinite loop (2.2.3 patch 5)

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mde
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: installation script infinite loop (2.2.3 patch 5)

I have followed the recent discussion between Patrick and Denise ("installation hangup") and this appears to be a different issue.

I get a loop when the installation script is running lsregister, repeating the message

postflight[460]: tset: standard error: Inappropriate ioctl for device

about 100 times a second (I left it running for 10 minutes or so)

When I killed the tcsh process that was running under the installer, the installation finished immediately and cleanly, and I appear to have a working installed version of 2.2.3 patch 5.

This is on a Power Mac Quad G5 running 10.4.11. There is nothing odd about the system that I can think of, apart from the fact that my primary partition is software RAID (using the Mac's own RAID software provided by Disk Utility.app) mirroring two identical-size partitions of two identical disks.

I suspect this is the same problem I had installing 2.2.3 patch 0 and patch 1, but I didn't bother to investigate or report it then (sorry).

I have the complete installation log if you want it, or can give any other info you might need.

Mike
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1