Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Getting the SDK? (latest quixotic project)
Getting the SDK? (latest quixotic project)

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Getting the SDK? (latest quixotic project)

Ed,

In one post during one of the testing cycles, you mentioned the ODK/SDK was building again on the Mac but you weren't including it in the installer because few would want/need it and its extra size/bandwidth.

Is it something that can be downloaded and unzipped/"installed" where it belongs, or is it something that really has to be done in the OOo build process? If the former, can you (or someone else who has it) post it somewhere that I can download it?

My latest (quixotic) project is getting the WordPerfect filter built for Mac OS X. I'm told the base libraries all build without issue, and the filter should, too, once the OOo SDK is installed, so I'm attempting it--I am not a programmer/sw engineer, but I can follow instructions if that's all it takes Smile

(Eric Hoch of the German OOo-OS X team has built the libraries before, but he's very busy with the actual OOo porting!)

Thanks,
Smokey

Edit: No hurry. I'm currently stuck in dependency he** trying to build the two libraries libwpd depends on, and the suggested alternative, fink, spent over four hours downloading and compiling 600-plus MB before I had to pull the plug and go home for the day. Evil or Very Mad It was last seen trying to compile xfree86! Why, for the love of all things Macintosh!? Having somewhere, sometime seen Ed's rant about fink, I am in complete agreement.

Last edited by sardisson on Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Ok, I put up what I have as the ODK build output on the FTP server. This ODK was built from the same set of sources as the "final" installer:

ftp://ftp.neooffice.org/ooo645.tar.gz

Size : 5446598 bytes

MD5Sum : 32ad52b9b4bebfd40512f1d3ff7d7e64

Let me know if you have problems getting it andif so I'll set up a torrent.

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, Ed (you must have been posting while I was editing the previous post!)

I'm not having sucess getting it, though...it'll let me logon to the server but the request for the file seems to die with a permission denied (not the usual too many connections/busy message).

I'll try again later just in case...but a torrent would be nice, if it's not too much trouble. As well as some hint as to where to unpack it Smile

As I said in my edit above, no big hurry, since I still can't get the things I have to build before building the things I have to build for building the filter to build. Or something like that. It's been a long day Smile

Thanks again,
Smokey
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject:

Never mind on the torrent; I've got the file now, thanks. It's just the link was bad above Smile I finally realized that since I could connect, I should look at the file list, 550 Permission Denied notwithstanding. (Why not 404?)

ftp://ftp.neooffice.org/odk645.tar.gz--that's odk, not ooo Smile

I would still like to know where to put the odk, though.

Thanks to one of the libwpd programmers/builders becoming a Mac user three days ago, the base libraries/command line tools for WordPerfect>OOo Writer conversion are now building and working on Mac OS X even for direction-followers like me!

Smokey
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
I would still like to know where to put the odk, though.

The final "never mind." I see once it expands there are some docs and they tell how to use an install script.

FYI, something wasn't exactly right when the ODK was produced, since there are a bunch of [PRODUCTNAME] thingies in the docs where I guess OOo is supposed to be. I don't think this affects functionality, right?

Edit: FYI: The others were reporting much larger SDKs; it looks to me like all the "important" files are there, but it seems like most of the "docs" folder is missing.

But this is what Fridrich says about it:

Fridrich Strba wrote:
Yes, Ed's SDK needs an official SDK for Linux or Unix and one just overwrites the corresponding files with those ones in his SDK. Erics SDK works out of the box, except the "-lcppuhelper$(COMID)" vs. "-lcppuhelper3$(COMID)" stuff. But this bug was in Ed's SDK too.

All of which means very little to me Question Smile

Anyway, thanks again for all of this!
Smokey
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject:

The Mac odk definitely hasn't been tested beyond the fact that it builds. I suspect you're the first person ever to try using the OS X ODK Smile If you find this or any other specific problems, please let me know so I can perhaps take a look and figure out how to fix the build procedures. In theory there's nothing that makes the OS X ODK any different from other platforms...if it's not correct it's a build error, not a platform limitation I would expect.

ed
buti

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:10 am    Post subject: where do i get the odk

hi all,

i'm new to mac. i have a linux app that can remote control ooo. i'd like to get this app working on mac. is there a place where i can get the current odk? the link above does not work anymore.

thanks,

- till
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: where do i get the odk

buti wrote:
is there a place where i can get the current odk? the link above does not work anymore.

I'm pretty sure I still have the working 1.1.x odk somewhere, if that's the one you want; the one for 1.9.xxx shows up every so often among Pavel's occasional Mac OS X builds (or you can probably ask at dev@porting).

I'm not sure why they never get posted/hosted with the rest of the platform SDKs...?

Smokey

The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: where do i get the odk

buti wrote:
i'm new to mac. i have a linux app that can remote control ooo. i'd like to get this app working on mac. is there a place where i can get the current odk? the link above does not work anymore.

Hmm...I'm not sure hoe extensive UNO is at going across network boundaries (even though Network is in its name). The FTP server linked to above is offline as I'm rebuilding some machines and the anonymous FTP here got lowest priority as it's no longer a main distribution point. I can upload the ODK to you if you have a dropbox somewhere though.

ed
buti

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: where do i get the odk

OPENSTEP wrote:

Hmm...I'm not sure hoe extensive UNO is at going across network boundaries (even though Network is in its name). The FTP server linked to above is offline as I'm rebuilding some machines and the anonymous FTP here got lowest priority as it's no longer a main distribution point. I can upload the ODK to you if you have a dropbox somewhere though.

ok. you missunderstood me. by remot-controlling i mean controlling neoofice/j from another app through uno. (not really cross-network, though i also think that should work)

i have finally installed an ftp server on my box: ftp://www.bux.at/incoming

thank you for uploading!

one more question. i believe neooffice/j is compiled with gcc 3. so i would also have to compile my app with gcc 3, right?

thanks,

- till busch
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject:

OK, it should be uploaded there now. MD5Sum:

32ad52b9b4bebfd40512f1d3ff7d7e64

It was compiled with gcc3.3, so you will need to compile your app with gcc3 in order for it to run. gcc4 did change the ABI slightly, so code compiled with gcc4 may not necessarily link with code compiled with gcc3. You may have better luck with shared libraries, however Smile

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1