· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - show About box at startup
show About box at startup

NeoOffice Forum Index -> New Features Program
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rrustema
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: show About box at startup

Small request. Show the same information in the square I see during startup as in the About-box. Including versionnumber and neoffice.org website and such. It seems inconsistent to me and I like to be reminded which versionnumber and patch I use and where I can find more about the source of all this.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject:

The splash screen appearance is controlled by NeoOffice's underlying OpenOffice.org code. At this time, the OpenOffice.org code does not support display of the version number. Unfortunately, while we wish that we could modify all pieces of the OpenOffice.org code to implement requests from our users, our limited developer resources and funding limits the current scope of the NeoOffice project to keeping a native version of OpenOffice.org running on Mac OS X and fixing OpenOffice.org bugs is outside that scope.

You can request this feature by filing a bug in the OpenOffice.org issue tracker to get it on the radar of the core OpenOffice.org developers and if they implement your feature request, the new behavior will get included in a future release of NeoOffice:

http://qa.openoffice.org/issue_handling/pre_submission.html

Note : our advice is to not mention NeoOffice as mentioning NeoOffice will likely cause OOo volunteers to preemptively close it without actually reviewing your bug.

Patrick
rrustema
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject:

This is getting a little bit too complicated for me, simple end-user. I don't know what OpenOffice looks like, so I can't really formulate a proper description of a similar manifestation under OpenOffice. Do you have a text I can copy-paste there that will be most succesful? Alternatively I am going to take a look at OpenOffice next time I boot up Windows under Parallels.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject:

rrustema wrote:
This is getting a little bit too complicated for me, simple end-user. I don't know what OpenOffice looks like, so I can't really formulate a proper description of a similar manifestation under OpenOffice. Do you have a text I can copy-paste there that will be most succesful? Alternatively I am going to take a look at OpenOffice next time I boot up Windows under Parallels.

OpenOffice.org's splash screen looks the same as NeoOffice. The only difference is that the background image says OpenOffice.org and has a bunch of seagulls in the background.

Like NeoOffice's splash screen background image, there is text but note that in both NeoOffice and OpenOffice.org all text are part of the image and the text was put there by the artist that created the image.

One potential alternative is to use the Finder to get this information instead of the splash screen. If you go to the Mac OS X Finder, Control-click on the NeoOffice icon in your /Applications folder and select Get Info from the popup menu. This will display a window that has, among other things, the NeoOffice version and patch. This same set of steps also works with all other Mac OS X applications.

Patrick
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Note that the finder only shows the general version (2.2.4 in my case), while the information window (use command-i) shows the complete version number (NeoOffice® 2.2.4 patch 1 in my case).

best wishes,
Oscar

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
Note that the finder only shows the general version (2.2.4 in my case), while the information window (use command-i) shows the complete version number (NeoOffice® 2.2.4 patch 1 in my case).

Thanks for the key shortcut. I forgot that Command-I is a shortcut for my more convoluted "select Get Info from the popup" steps.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> New Features Program All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1